Ownership Verified: That time FinalGear bought a Munich Roadster (MX-5) to drive from Germany to Finland

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
205–405–MX5–Polo–Panda–Daimler

ONLY four years later, I have a clean, straight, original passenger side front fender for the car.

public

DONOR
Car(s)

I finally got a set of Daisies some time ago, but didn't post them here – probably because the forums might have been down then. Anyway, I can't wait to get these under the car.

public

DONOR
Car(s)

Since it's so easy, I'm probably fitting this wood Momo wheel in place of the leather one. I still have the wooden Momo knob Mitchi sent me a couple years ago, too, and they seem to match. Ideally, I would also source leather seats at some point, but that depends if I can find a decent condition pair for the right price. Dark red leather would be a great combination with the Silverstone exterior.

Tram13

Car(s)
Whatever dad lends me
Red interior would work beautifully with a Silverstone exterior. That's been one of my ideal combos ever since I saw this Miata. (Which I was a big fan of back in ca. 2015-2016. My automotive modification taste has changed since.) But it works in general as well, especially on roadsters. Works great with wood as well.

public

DONOR
Car(s)
Oh yeah, that shows how well it works. I think those seats have been retrimmed and the original hue is a bit darker, but yeah – good combo. I'd leave the door cards as is, and even if I'd like to change the carpet for a red one, it might be a ton of work.

public

DONOR
Car(s)

The new fender has been prepped, as are other bits like the passenger door.

As you can see, all the rusty bits on the car should be bolt-off from now.

public

DONOR
Car(s)

Thanks to a helpful friend in the UK, the MX-5 is getting a touch of luxury in place of the stock cloth seats. Shipping will probably be more expensive than the seats, as they cost just £30 and will only need cleaning, no repairs.

gt1750

Techno Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
2011 Alfa Romeo 159, 2005 Smart ForFour

Thanks to a helpful friend in the UK, the MX-5 is getting a touch of luxury in place of the stock cloth seats. Shipping will probably be more expensive than the seats, as they cost just £30 and will only need cleaning, no repairs.
I like the seats, but are you sure you want to have them in a silver car? This interior color is best paired with black or dark metallic red/green/blue. Silver cars look best with black or red interiors.

public

DONOR
Car(s)
It would look worse if I did the entire interior in beige – now they'll just light up the black cabin a little. I don't plan on getting matching tan carpets or door cards or lower dash plastics, and I might transfer the handles from the black stock cloth seats too.

If I did an interior colour change, I'd go with red, but that's relatively difficult to source in similar condition. However, one option is tinting these tan seats in a darker brown or cognac colour so they would suit the silver a touch better. But I'll see about that later.