Arsenal 0-0 Blackburn
Birmingham 2-1 Bolton
Everton 2-2 Aston Villa
Newcastle 4-1 Wolverhampton

Stoke 1-1 Chelsea
West Brom 2-1 Liverpool
West Ham 2-4 Man Utd
Wigan 0-0 Tottenham

At the top of the EPL, Man U and Rooney have started to play better, whereas all the other teams in the top six have had a wobble this weekend. The exception to this being Man City. The Reds are seven points ahead, looking strong and the games are running out.
C?mon top teams, make them work for it, we want a close title race, not a stroll for Man U.

In the relegation struggle, there are seven teams in the mix really, with only three points covering it. WBA would have been there too, but for their win yesterday, but that said they are only two bad results from the shit as well. Since, GD could play a big part this season, Blackpool and Wolves are not looking good. Wigan are in even worse shape, which is a shame for their manager who seems very able and a nice bloke.

:)

Last edited:
Nice season, United. You win.

It's not over, still many games left. We still have to face chelsea and arsenal. Lose there and suddenly arsenal will be ahead!

Nice season, United. You win.

It ain't over 'till Fat Sam sings or something.
(Where is Fat Sam now? Team manager of Mongolia or something?)

It's not over, still many games left. We still have to face chelsea and arsenal. Lose there and suddenly arsenal will be ahead!

BBC Sport has got "The Predictor" set up on the website. Just enter your expected scores for all the remaining EPL games on a sort of spreadsheet and it tells you who you think will win.

EDIT:
BBC Sport - Wayne Rooney faces two-match FA suspension for swearing

After scoring a hat-trick against the Hammers, he swore live on TV to a worldwide audience of millions. He did apologise the next day, but the FA have banned him anyway.

Not great timing.

Last edited:
EDIT:
BBC Sport - Wayne Rooney faces two-match FA suspension for swearing

After scoring a hat-trick against the Hammers, he swore live on TV to a worldwide audience of millions. He did apologise the next day, but the FA have banned him anyway.

Not great timing.

That is one of the silliest things FA have done sofar. How many players swear at each other or at the ref on the pitch each game? But no, let's ignore that and punish Rooney with a 2 match ban because a camera happend to be close by:/ A 2 match ban, not a warning or a fine, but a TWO match ban for something that harms noone! I'm struggeling to find the words to describe this idiocracy, but it won't matter in the end. They can ban Ferguson, the can ban Rooney, but they can not stop United for winning their 19th league trophy!

That is one of the silliest things FA have done sofar. How many players swear at each other or at the ref on the pitch each game? But no, let's ignore that and punish Rooney with a 2 match ban because a camera happend to be close by:/ A 2 match ban, not a warning or a fine, but a TWO match ban for something that harms noone! I'm struggeling to find the words to describe this idiocracy, but it won't matter in the end. They can ban Ferguson, the can ban Rooney, but they can not stop United for winning their 19th league trophy!

It wasn't exactly the case of "camera happening to be close by", he pointed the words directly at the camera. Wasn't he warned about swearing to the camera already a couple of years back? While the 2 game ban is a bit over the top IMO, Rooney can't blame anyone but himself for that. Idiotic on his part, basically baiting for punishment.

Makes fuck all difference if he was shouting into the camera, at the sky, to another player, whatever. Swearing is swearing and if FA is gonna start banning players for swearing then they have to start banning everyone that does it. So i expect after the next league game 90%* of the players will get a 2 match ban:rolleyes:

*Random number pulled out of my arse

Yeah this is a fair ban. He screamed fuck directly into a TV camera. That's really classy, wayne. Deserves his ban. Not like it'll make any difference, either, especially with Berba and little-Berba.

I think it's stupid. Seriously.. It was a display of emotion, celebrating his goal. They're putting in more and more rules that take away from that. Not being allowed to take off you shirt? Not being allowed to swear? Come the fuck on. They need to relax.

Also atheletes are for the most part from lower class backgrounds. Their everyday vernacular includes swear words and is an integral part of of the way they speak. If you want choirboys just hire the Oxford intramural football team. Also TV ratings standards are so backwards anyways, if you took a kid to a game they would be assaulted by worse things than the word fuck, so why should the game be represented differently on TV.

I just don't see how yelling 'fuck off' to the camera is that different to giving the finger for example, which players have been punished for over the years. But usually these have resulted in 1 game ban if it hasn't been directed at refs or players, so I think the 2 game ban is a bit out of line.

Interesting weekend. Arsenal finally rediscover their winning form and Mad Jens is undeniably just as mad as he ever was.

Monday, 11 April 2011

Liverpool 3-0 Man City

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Aston Villa 1-0 Newcastle
Blackpool 1-3 Arsenal

Saturday, 9 April 2011

Blackburn 1-1 Birmingham
Bolton 3-0 West Ham
Chelsea 1-0 Wigan
Man Utd 2-0 Fulham

Sunderland 2-3 West Brom
Tottenham 3-2 Stoke
Wolverhampton 0-3 Everton

Tonight's result gives Spurs a better chance of retaining the UCL place for next year over Man C. They enjoyed this year's run and Harry wants more.

All other top six clubs won. The three bottom W clubs all lost, my BBC Predictor forecast has them all going down, at the top Man U on equal points with Arsenal, but the Red Devils to win the title over the Gunners on GD. :rolleyes:

Interesting weekend. Arsenal finally rediscover their winning form and Mad Jens is undeniably just as mad as he ever was.

He looked more confident than any of the current GKs, I am hopeful he will do good things again.

I think we all know how and why Liverpool have turned their season around? Our Kenny of course.

And in related news. ... Flores - WTF is the matter with you?

Last edited:
We didn't deserve to win that game. And Eboue doesn't deserve all the stick he's going to get for that penalty. Lucas dived.

We didn't deserve to win that game. And Eboue doesn't deserve all the stick he's going to get for that penalty. Lucas dived.
Why not? We were better than Pool for most of the game and attacked with purpose, we *again* just lacked some attacking bite in the final third.

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Birmingham 2-0 Sunderland
Blackpool 1-3 Wigan
Everton 2-0 Blackburn

West Brom 1-3 Chelsea
West Ham 1-2 Aston Villa

Blackpool and Sunderland have both hit a real bad run of form at the wrong time. This may allow Wigan & West Ham to miss the drop, if uncorrected.

Why not? We were better than Pool for most of the game and attacked with purpose, we *again* just lacked some attacking bite in the final third.

Crazy finish to the game, leaving a result not much good to either team. Liverpool were good in defence and much improved from the Hodgson days. Arsenal were lacking a bit of luck or a striker in the box.

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Bolton 2-1 Arsenal

Saturday, 23 April 2011

Aston Villa 1-1 Stoke
Blackpool 1-1 Newcastle
Chelsea 3-0 West Ham
Liverpool 5-0 Birmingham

Man Utd 1-0 Everton
Sunderland 4-2 Wigan
Tottenham 2-2 West Brom
Wolverhampton 1-1 Fulham

Not such a great result for Arsenal today, but then Bolton are playing well so no big surprise. Gunners needed to win the match to stay in with a chance of the title.

Blackpool and Wolves both got a point, down in the relegation zone but things are looking tight for them both, as well as Wigan & West Ham.

Torres got his first goal for Chelsea, yay! Liverpool looking good, playing well and unrecognisable from the Hodgson team of a few months ago. Predict a top four bid for next season.

I was right like four weeks ago :p

Season's over :( fever pitch time.