The 2010/11 EPL Thread ? English Premier League

For a bit of fun, what is the best team from your club that you can make out of players that cost less than ?10m?

The best for United would probably be:

Van Der Sar

Evra Vidic Evans O'Shea

Park Scholes Fletcher Giggs

Owen Hernandez

Subs: PIG, Neville, Brown, Gibson, Obertan, Macheda, Rafael

Not a bad team overall. The team would also be sub ?5m if you swapped Vidic, Evra and Hernandez.

We got owned by Man Shitty, and I'm still not over it.

Welcome to the new world Liverpool. A middle of the table team.

More problems for Liverpool, sorry McL :(

BBC Sport said:
Liverpool will be without captain Steven Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres for their Europa League second leg tie with Trabzonspor on Thursday.

Gerrard has a back problem while manager Roy Hodgson believes Torres is not ready to play three games in a row.

Joe Cole returns after missing Monday's Premier League game through suspension but wantaway midfielder Javier Mascherano is left out.

Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) are missing.

Torres and Gerrard are likely to be fit for Sunday's Premier League game against West Brom.
Mascherano will probably not play either, since he has the ?transfer blues? and his head is not in the game. Also, Dirk Kuyt wasn't as good last season as the previous one.

Wow, I know it was just Blackpool, but what a turn-around in terms of inventiveness and flair for Arsenal. Squillaci will help and if we can get Given or Schwartzer, we may be in with a shot at a title.

Schwartzer is a better bet for you guys than Given imo. Given is a better shotstopper than Almunia, but he is still hopeless at organizing the defense. That is what really needs to be improved upon, and I think Mark will be a better bet to have that happen. Good luck in finding someone, though.

Arsenal are beautiful to watch when they are on the attack.
In the early game, a nice away win for the Gunners. :thumbup:

Whappeh, JacobFox, Asad and all the other FG Gooners = :happy:

(Squillaci didn?t even make the subs bench, I wonder what?s going on there.)

EDIT : RVP injured again, may not be too bad though

Last edited:
Wasn't available yet...Glad to see fat sam get that smug fucking anti-football grin knocked off his mug. Still, should've been 3-1 or 4-1 with some better finishing.

Arsenal are going to be dangerous. While I don't support any PL side I am rooting for them because of how they carry on with business by bring up youngsters. Theo has finally grown up?

Whappeh, JacobFox, Asad and all the other FG Gooners = :happy:
:mrgreen:

Theo is coming into his own, and thankfully RVP isn't injured for too long. Been a good season so far! :happy:

EDIT - This Ibra deal to Milan really makes me thankful we have a manager who deals with the finances so well, making a profit on transfers yet challenging for the title every single season is no mean feat.

Its not an Arsenal season until RVP is hurt.

Go City :p.

Our match against West Brom was painful to watch... at least Torres is off his duck, though. Lets hope things start to improve.

Saturday, 28 August 2010

Blackburn 1-2 Arsenal
Blackpool 2-2 Fulham
Chelsea 2-0 Stoke
Man Utd 3-0 West Ham
Tottenham 0-1 Wigan
Wolverhampton 1-1 Newcastle

Sunday, 29 August 2010

Aston Villa 1-0 Everton
Bolton 2-2 Birmingham
Liverpool 1-0 West Brom
Sunderland 1-0 Man City

A good away win for the Gunners showed some steel and focus in tricky ties like this, against teams playing ugly football; this is what is needed to win the Premiership. Impressive!

Blackpool dropped two points by not seeing the game out against Fulham, put down to inexperience, I reckon.

Good win for Chelsea, but not as flamboyant as of late, Stoke are tricky fuckers to play against.

The Hammers look doomed already, with no points, a comfortable win for Man U.

Msg for Harry at Spurs: you need a bigger squad to play in the UCL as well, get the brown envelopes stuffed with cash out and start buying some players. The ?Transfer Window? is about to close.

Possible pre-match talk by Mick McCarthy in a broad Yorkshire accent
?now kick the fookin? shit out a that little wanker Barton, wind ?im up proper and get the little sod sent off?
Players: ?OK, Boss?.

SEVEN bookings later, Wolves get a draw against Newcastle, but Barton didn?t get himself sent off by blowing his cool. :rolleyes:

An improved Villa and hard working Everton showed some quality in this game, with a nicely taken winner scored by the home team.

Ten man Bolton were 2 ? 0 down, then fought back to get a draw, a remarkable point so congrats to them.

Torres scores at last to get a win for a sluggish Liverpool (Hurrah!), WBA looked quite good, but still lost. Not the way to stay up Roberto!

I feel a bit sorry for Man C, a last minute pen robbed them of a deserved point at Sunderland.

:)

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Arsenal 4-1 Bolton
Everton 3-3 Man Utd
Fulham 2-1 Wolverhampton
Man City 1-1 Blackburn
Newcastle 0-2 Blackpool
West Brom 1-1 Tottenham
West Ham 1-3 Chelsea

By the end, this was a comfortable win for Arsenal, who debuted Squillaci, but they still need more defensive players, plus a striker in the Drogba / Torres class to win the EPL.

For the second week running, Man U pissed away 2 points to weaker teams. Everton were much brighter in this match and probably played their best this season to gain a deserved point.

Another gritty draw for Wolves, was turned into a loss by a late winner for Fulham. Bobby Z broke his leg / ankle and may miss the rest of the season.

Probably a fair draw for Man C, but they still don?t play like a team, despite all the money spent.

Newcastle and Blackpool both get my vote as LOL teams, for all the stupid and random results they keep having. The Seasiders are currently in a Champions League qualifiers place. :facepalm:

Van der Vaart looked pretty handy in his debut match for Spurs, who now don?t have such a serious threat without Defoe, as he is injured for the next 6 weeks.

Top versus bottom, West Ham and Chelsea both played like they have in their previous three games. The Hammers were hard working but terrible and looked like relegation fodder; The Blues looked full of goals and easily the strongest team in the EPL.

:)