The 2010/11 UCL UEFA Champions League & Europa League Thread

Braga - Benfica 2 - 1 (2 - 2 on aggregate, Braga win on away goals rule)
Villarreal - Porto 3 - 2 (4 - 7 on aggregate)

Quite a surprise yesterday from Braga to go through Benfica to the final. I wanted to see Villarreal be the other side but because of their lousy performance in the first leg Porto deserved the win. Porto will quite likely be the champions. Congrats to Porto's Falcao for breaking the scoring record for European competitions with 16 goals for him in the Europa League this season, pretty incredible. I'm expecting to see him score one or two more in the final.

Anyway, good (not) to see that diving and playacting get so much love here, I'm my opinion are despicable pratices that go against the spirit of the game, what do I know...

Who said they like diving?

Last edited:
Who said they like diving?
Don't you? Given how openly R.Madrid and Mourinho are criticised for almost everything they do (to the point of posting manipulated pictures), I guessed the total absence of criticism towards the Diving Club Barcelona for their disgusting play acting was a more than evident sign of love.

Anyway, good (not) to see that diving and playacting get so much love here, I'm my opinion are despicable pratices that go against the spirit of the game, what do I know...

Nobody said they love diving or anything of the sort, but you can't be a RM fan and yell "BAR?A CHEATS!" cos that's hypocritical, as I've stated, Real Mourinho are the masters of bending rules and exploiting loopholes. Personally I think they got what they deserved.

Nobody said they love diving or anything of the sort, but you can't be a RM fan and yell "BAR?A CHEATS!" cos that's hypocritical, as I've stated, Real Mourinho are the masters of bending rules and exploiting loopholes. Personally I think they got what they deserved.

OK, so R. Madrid and Mourinho are the root of all evil in the world of football (I'm pretty sure it can be proven by posting a few gifs). Point taken.

Do you have any problem with Diving Club Barcelona theatrical performances (diving like crazy, acting as as if they had just ben shot after almost every challenge, ect.) during the matches or do you find them OK?

Real Madrid are getting a lot of criticism, and with good reason - the doesn't mean that people automatically condone Barcelona players diving. That's a very weird form of argumentation.

Obviously no one is okay with diving done by any player. You can have opinions about what is most harmful to the sport, what Real Madrid did or what Barcelona did, but that's a discussion that will inevitably end up in shit-slinging, so I'm personally not going to go down that road.

In any case, you can't expect an entire forum to just agree to everything you say, and join in on your little crusade. When was the last time you made a comment on here that didn't involve telling people how big idiots the Barcelona players are?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of discussing these el classicos. I was excited before the 4 games, but they certainly did not live up to the expectations. Both teams have acted like children, both teams have done some things that you definitely do not want to see on a football pitch, and these games have stirred a shit storm of dumb arguments on internet forums all over the world.

I'm done, and right now I'm just looking forward to the final. Who wants to discuss that one?

I still consider Barcelona favourites, but Manchester United have been quite convincing in the ChL. I was impressed by their 4-1 win against Schalke, with what was basically a reserve team. They've certainly got a very wide squad. The game against Chelsea on sunday will be hugely exciting, then we'll see how they perform against a top team in a game that's very important. :)
Barcelona, we know what to expect from them,, and hopefully they'll get completely over their injury problems. It was great to see Abidal back for instance, incredible to be back so soon after having a tumor removed from your liver :)

Going to be a great final, always nice that they show it on a saturday night, beers an masse, thank you very much :D

Going to be a great final, always nice that they show it on a saturday night, beers an masse, thank you very much :D

It'll be 11:45am here, but that's not a problem. A fellow United fan and I are headed to a nearby pub for some mid-day drunkenness. :D

I wish I could do the same for the Sunday match.

DCB are the clear favourites, for them the final is just a simple procedure (Catalonian police has already been brutally attacking protesters asking for a change in the political system in order to 'clean' Barcelona's main square so that Barsa supporters can happily celebrate the title today), but them again Uruguay won against Brazil in 1950....

Hehe, I am hopeing Barcelona is thinking the same way. Underestimate Manchester United and you will lose:)

UCL Final

As a neutral, I would like this to be a good game tonight. However, Man U have not been playing as well as they have in previous seasons* and Barcelona will probably win this comfortably.

So that's Barca doomed then, by the curse of me backing them. :p

* The other top EPL teams have been below par as well, hence Man U was able to win the title.

The local weather tonight for the Final is grey cloudy overcast, 16C but feeling cool in a 13mph wind from the SW and no rain forecast. Good playing conditions.

:)

Europa League 2011/12

Fulham have "won" the English Fair Play League and are therefore eligable for a place in the EL next season. Chelsea, already qualified for the UCL, had the fewest yellow and red cards and Fulham were second. Linky (Wiki)

They join Spurs (5th place EPL), relegated Birmingham (League Cup winners) and Stoke. (Runners up in the FA Cup to Man C already qualified for UCL)

:)

Barcelona
European Champions 2011

Saturday, 28 May 2011

Barcelona 3-1 Man Utd

:cool:

Last edited:
Just a few more days until the diving comp?I mean Champions League Final. :D

AWwwww that's too bad, next time maybe?

What a great game. It was complete domination (even with M.Utd playing virtually at home) and the best team won fair and square.
I wanna hear what people have to say this time around. Specially when Valencia should have been sent off and got away with a simple, late yellow. Now what's the excuse? Guardiola didn't make his subs till after minute 80 and that's cheating? Messi is on drugs and thats why he can weave in between 5 players?

Give Barcelona the best team of the decade already. Nobody will surpass them.

Now on to wait for Jimi Hendrix to come up with a bunch of stupid excuses...

Last edited:
Congrats to DBC, it was clear that winning against R. Madrid they had won the title. Man U is not good enough, and the way they played only made things easier for their rival.

To the portuguesito, I will not respond to your ad-hominen attacks.

To the portuguesito, I will not respond to your ad-hominen attacks.

I'm not even portuguese but suit yourself.

But you're right, Man Utd was not good enough. Nor was Real Madrid, or anyone else. That was clear.

Last edited:
AWwwww that's too bad, next time maybe?

Luckily for me, a next time is quite likely. As disappointed as I am, I'm well aware of the fact that Man U is still one of the strongest clubs out there. Hell, theoretically only Bar?a could be called better.

So yes, next time. ;)

Give Barcelona the best team of the decade already. Nobody will surpass them.

Dude, it's 2011. 2011. Stop smoking crack.

Both teams played great football, but Barcelona is the better team. Messi :bow: