The 2010/11 UCL UEFA Champions League & Europa League Thread

Barcelona was the best team and it was a fair result so congratulations to them.

However I was a bit dissapointed with United. They started good, doing what I was hopeing they would do. Go right in the throat of Barcelona and take control. Sadly that agressivness only lasted 10 mins and then they started running in between instead. Last 10 mins werent bad, started to be more agressive again, but it was too little too late.
But, to be honest, I am a bit suprised that United even made it to the final, It's not exactly the best team we have had.

Got high hopes for next season though. 3 big signings in key positions and we will come back stronger:)

I'm not even portuguese but suit yourself.

Good to know, all the Portuguese people I've met over the years were nice an polite, and I wouldn't have wanted that to change now.

But you're right, Man Utd was not good enough. Nor was Real Madrid, or anyone else. That was clear.

R. Madrid was making things really difficult for them until Pepe was unfairly sent off, he managed to stop Messi and that makes DBC a much more 'normal' team. Of course they still had the ball most of the time but without being able to crreate clear opportunities.

If you let then pay like ManU did (no wonder DBC supporters are congratulating them for the way they played) you are basically handling them the match on a silver platter. The physical/aggresive way is the proper way of stopping them and nobody should be ashamed of trying that no matter how much DFC whinge afterwards about how supposedly 'anti-football' that is, like if there was just only one proper way of playing football.

Good decision to finally watch a game without Borussia Dortmund in it. :D Great game.

And Bar?a really were that much better - ManU played well the first 10 minutes, but after that, they were just sparring partners for the Spaniards. And even though I should have rooted for ManU alone for the fact that the majority of Bar?a's team beat Germany in last year's World Cup semifinal, I just couldn't...
Congrats to Barcelona. Great club, great team, well-deserved being on the top.

Are we still on the El Classico games? Can't we just bury them? They've brought nothing but insults and stupid arguments.

What we should be talking about is what a fantastic game it was last night. Barcelona played some wonderful football.

And hopefully noone can nitpick on this, the game was fair, rulings went both ways, and it just showed off all that is good about football.

Yeah, great match by Barca and tough luck to United. It's okay though, it takes a really special performance to beat Barca in London #upgunners.

.......... that was the whole point of the hyperbole of calling them the best of a decade that barely started. Thanks for pointing it out.... ?

Well, your lack of seriousness went *whoosh* right over my head. Oops.

Both teams played great football, but Barcelona is the better team. Messi :bow:

I disagree.

Man U owned the first 10 minutes. After that Bar?a picked up the pace and caught up, and Man U dropped out of contention.

When Rooney's response to Pedro came in only 7 minutes, I thought the Red Devils would pick up their pace and turn it into a match, but it didn't happen. It's like they decided they didn't like being aggressive on the pitch.

Hats off to Barcelona for keeping the intensity going throughout the entire match and simply outplaying Man U. The Red Devils' underperformance takes nothing away from that. Well deserved title.