The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
There was absolutely no reason to cancel that third US goal. Rubbish decision there. Not commenting on the rest of the game, just on that one particular decision and moment.

Last edited:

Firecat

Politically Charged
I'm pretty sure the whistle went before the goal went in. The ref probably made some bad calls, but that's the nature of the game. They should just allow replays and this wouldn't be an issue. So until that happens, you can't hold the refs completely responsible. He thought there was a foul and blew the whistle.

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
Oh, and yanks didn't punch, yell and cry like babys at the ref, everytime they played dirty?

I'm proud of our guys, I could see the USA's atitude towards us in the game, on the web, but still, we put up a fight.

devil500

Car(s)
'07 VW Rabbit 2.5 (Golf) MKV, PCR MXK8 Rotax Max
Fucking shit ref. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU! Can't believe I'm going to say this, but cmon England?

Oh and no offence, but Slovenia is a fucking disgrace worst actors I've seen.

Last edited:

Magners

Oh, and yanks didn't punch, yell and cry like babys at the ref, everytime they played dirty?

I'm proud of our guys, I could see the USA's atitude towards us in the game, on the web, but still, we put up a fight.
Congratulations to Slovenia for a good performance, the disallowed third goal was a dodgy decision but they still did just enough to hang on for a draw after jumping out to a 2-0 lead and allowing Americans getting back into it.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
The tie was completely fair. We were better in the first half, but dropped the pace in 2nd, while USA stepped up the game. Good game, regardless, a lot better and more exciting than the borefest against Algeria. Now all we need is a tie against England and we have a really good chance at advancing.

Firecat

Politically Charged
I also want to see a replay of why a free kick was given as well....because I recall my initial impression was that it shouldn't have been given. Could be wrong.

phuckingduck

is awesome!
Car(s)
'03 Volvo S60 AWD
An arrogant 18 year old from NYC? I'm shocked. It's like finding a fake tan in New Jersey.

Btw, screw that ref. Love ya Ice, but that was ours.

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
That was a shitty call. USA should have been allowed the advantage. As far as I could see, it was a Slovenian player holding down an American player, so why not a penalty kick then? Shitty shitty decision there.
And before you say anything, I'm not on any side here. Just saying that the ref is an idiot. Some free kicks were also given stupidly, on both sides. Him and the ref in the game earlier today: yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow ... Seriously? Every single thing deserves a card? The red may have been given justly, but some of the yellows ...

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
Great comeback by the USA, but was the ref high or something? Could have been 4-2, gonna be a close group now..

Also, USA could get a decent way but seriously needs to start their games better.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Don't feed the troll, guys. I don't know either why the ref disallowed the goal, but the whistle blew before the kick, so it doesn't matter. If the ref took the goal back after the fact, then you'd have a reason to complain. Dodgy or not, the ref's judgement is final. Until they instate video replays like in ice hockey.