The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

GRtak

Forum Addict
That is my point. They cheat on their taxes because there are no real consequences. In fact, it is more profitable to cheat and play the miniscule fine.

Continue to be the willing idiot.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
This is something that you always do - throw out general phrases without any attempt to back them up. You have got to be the most ignorant member on this board; it's like you literally just read CNN headlines and stop there - you have no clue what's actually going on. I'm still waiting for any sort of explanation HOW the rich "cheat" on their taxes. You can't give me a single example because you don't know a thing about taxation or investing.

And the phrase is "willful idiot".

GRtak

Forum Addict
I don't watch CNN.

Just because I won't devote my life to writing a book each time we disagree, does not make me ignorant. I have learned from watching others try to show you fairly extensive evidence, or well thought out opinion, to have simply ignore it, or just say they are wrong. So why try to meet your demands when you will just dismiss?

I have seen the phrase as both willing and useful idiot. I went with willing because you seem you simply don't care.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Lizzie Warren now wants to cancel most existing student loans, to the tune of $640 billion. I wonder if I'll get a retroactive check for all of the payments I've made over the years.

awdrifter

I agree with Yang's flagship policy UBI, but he has some other policies that worries me. Like the volunteer time banking system, that's like the first step of a social credit system. Also the media obundsman that can fine media for "fake news". Who determines what is fake, if it's the government then this is straight up censorship.

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
So, legit question: can anyone stop Biden at this point? Sure it’s early but he’s just creaming everyone else in the polls.

This should make most centre-left Dems happy, because he’s also their best shot at beating Trump, IMO.