The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

TC

aka TomCat
Pelosi: 'It Shouldn’t Be a Crime' to Cross Into U.S. Illegally

Basically anyone who wants to come to the US should be able to do so and then you and I get to pay for their healthcare. Wonderful.
What's especially amusing is that the biggest resistance to nationalized healthcare is the cost. So now they're proposing to not only give all Americans free healthcare, but Central and South Americans as well.

Sounds like a winning strategy to me! /s

Oh wait, I almost forgot about the illegal migrants from Africa.

I wonder how long it will be until they're proposing we just give the entire world free healthcare. I mean, we are the wealthiest nation on earth, the only reason why we wouldn't is pure sadistic bigotry, obviously.

Dunno about you guys but I'm going for Tulsi Gabbard...
She appears to be the only remotely sane one... so she'll get cut first no doubt.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Dunno about you guys but I'm going for Tulsi Gabbard, I want to have a president that gives me a hard on damnit.
Ivanka 2024!

She appears to be the only remotely sane one... so she'll get cut first no doubt.
Andrew Yang is fairly sane. He has some wild ideas but he seems to be able to discuss them in detail and I respect that, even though I disagree with him. Watch his interview with Dave Rubin.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
What a surprise, I thought he'd be a front-runner.

awdrifter

Ivanka 2024!

Andrew Yang is fairly sane. He has some wild ideas but he seems to be able to discuss them in detail and I respect that, even though I disagree with him. Watch his interview with Dave Rubin.
If Yang make it that far he's the one that I would consider voting for. Most of positions are pretty mild (other than the regulating the media for "fake news").

LeVeL

Forum Addict
If Yang make it that far he's the one that I would consider voting for. Most of positions are pretty mild (other than the regulating the media for "fake news").
I wouldn't call UBI "mild".

awdrifter

I wouldn't call UBI "mild".
His version of UBI is actually pretty mild. It's meant to barely bring people above the poverty line, and you have to opt out of other benefits when opting into his UBI.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
so...not Universal....this seems interesting.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
It's universal in the sense that every citizen (18+) can opt in, but you have to opt in.
Opt-In is good, Do you have any reading on what other benefits you opt-out of?

awdrifter

It's the other federal benefits (SNAP, section 9 housing assitance, etc).

LeVeL

Forum Addict
More debates! The ONLY Dem who doesn't sound like a total moron is Hickenlooper - he just sounds like a guy who supports liberal policies and is able to call out the loony ideas that others have.