The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

That is my point. They cheat on their taxes because there are no real consequences. In fact, it is more profitable to cheat and play the miniscule fine.

Continue to be the willing idiot.

This is something that you always do - throw out general phrases without any attempt to back them up. You have got to be the most ignorant member on this board; it's like you literally just read CNN headlines and stop there - you have no clue what's actually going on. I'm still waiting for any sort of explanation HOW the rich "cheat" on their taxes. You can't give me a single example because you don't know a thing about taxation or investing.

And the phrase is "willful idiot".

I don't watch CNN.

Just because I won't devote my life to writing a book each time we disagree, does not make me ignorant. I have learned from watching others try to show you fairly extensive evidence, or well thought out opinion, to have simply ignore it, or just say they are wrong. So why try to meet your demands when you will just dismiss?

I have seen the phrase as both willing and useful idiot. I went with willing because you seem you simply don't care.

I agree with Yang's flagship policy UBI, but he has some other policies that worries me. Like the volunteer time banking system, that's like the first step of a social credit system. Also the media obundsman that can fine media for "fake news". Who determines what is fake, if it's the government then this is straight up censorship.

So, legit question: can anyone stop Biden at this point? Sure it’s early but he’s just creaming everyone else in the polls.

This should make most centre-left Dems happy, because he’s also their best shot at beating Trump, IMO.

Biden has a very good claim by being Obama's VP and for now the rest of the Dems seem too far left.

So, legit question: can anyone stop Biden at this point? Sure it’s early but he’s just creaming everyone else in the polls.

This should make most centre-left Dems happy, because he’s also their best shot at beating Trump, IMO.

Hopefully he makes it. Really hope we don’t continue the trend of 8 year presidencies.

Question is whether the Democrats just let Bernie or Warren run as right now it's a given Trump will win a second term on the "I will cure cancer" ticket.

This would set them up to lose, thus the DNC would have prove that you can't win an election with a center-left agenda (cause in non-partisan terms, that's what the social democrat agenda of both is). Consequently, they can then have another wall street stooge (or even Hillary) run in four years' time.

It was Biden who promised to cure cancer, not Trump...

As President Trump officially kicked off his 2020 campaign in Orlando Tuesday night, he made sweeping promises to tackle two of mankind's most dreaded diseases. In front of the crowd at a packed Amway Center, Mr. Trump said his administration would work to cure cancer and again vowed to eradicate AIDS if he's elected to a second term.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-cure-cancer-aids-joe-biden-orlando-campaign-rally/

To be fair, this is moot, my point being that Trump has about locked the re-election IMHO.

To be fair, this is moot, my point being that Trump has about locked the re-election IMHO.
I'm inclined to agree, though I'm not quite as confident. The Democrats currently look like a circus - two dozen clowns campaigning on largely the same issues but just trying to out-promise each other with that free crao they'll give away. Doesn't sound an effective strategy but what do I know.

You may be on to something. And as LeV said, it seems as though the democrats are just trying to see who can out-shout everyone else on the same talking points. I would contest however, that if Trump gets complacent like the democrats did last time around (it's impossible for hillary to lose right?) you may get president...I forget...Warren....Bernie, is Bernie even running this time?

We have over a year to go. If the economy turns South (which I don't think it will), it'll hurt Trump's chances. If we get dragged into a war with Iran (which thankfully Trump seems to oppose), that'll hurt his chances. If he doesn't resolve the trade war with China, that would be bad. His loud mouth can also hurt him.

I think his winning talking points right now are the booming economy, the need to secure the border (and the fact that the Democrats won't pass any bills at all that include the wall), and the fact that the left is becoming more and more radical and swinging to the extreme left.

Summary of the Democratic platform after two nights of debates:
  • No hablo ingles
  • Open borders
  • Get rid of private healthcare insurance completely
  • Free healthcare for illegals
  • Free college
  • Free abortions for biological men
  • We have 12 years to live because Trump pulled out of the Paris accord
  • Ban guns
  • Raise taxes on the middle class
  • No restrictions on abortions at all
  • Pack the court
  • Diversity is important... because of the 1%
  • We need 500k electric vehicles. No wait, make it 5mil, why not
What a total shitshow.

Reactions: TC
  • Get rid of private healthcare insurance completely

Was that a point anyone made? I know they asked a "show of hands" question of "would you get rid of your private insurance.." (emphasis mine).

I don't believe I've seen anyone argue against a baseline insurance for everyone, with a market for "luxury" supplemental policies available to those with the means.

Was that a point anyone made? I know they asked a "show of hands" question of "would you get rid of your private insurance.." (emphasis mine).

I don't believe I've seen anyone argue against a baseline insurance for everyone, with a market for "luxury" supplemental policies available to those with the means.
Warren and DiBlasio were in favor of abolishing private insurance.