The Android thread

Galaxy S to be sold here shortly!

For USD1,360 without a contract...:|

Ouch. It turns out Cyanogen works on all galaxy s variations. This makes not getting a captivate that much more difficult.

Ouch. It turns out Cyanogen works on all galaxy s variations. This makes not getting a captivate that much more difficult.

Indeed, work is underway. Reading the forums, they've got a recovery image working on multiple device versions already, and at least two maintainers (not Cyanogen himself) are working on porting CM6.

Galaxy S to be sold here shortly!

For USD1,360 without a contract...:|

Smuggle one in!! Those import taxes are ridiculous, you should lobby some east-asian country to drag Brazil in front of the WTO court :D

android central said:
Is HTC commencing its Froyo rollout?

HTC?s European representative, Mark Moons, let it slip through a tweet that there?s a chance Froyo will begin rollout to their many devices starting with HTC Desires in the Netherlands as soon as tomorrow. A Dutch tech news site, tweakers.net comments that, ?the update will start Thursday, but due to a limit on bandwidth it will be a gradual rollout? again, that?s if they have all the kinks worked out and are ready to roll out this highly anticipated update. Nonetheless we can all be sure that all Desire owners in the Netherlands will be checking for updates nonstop tomorrow.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-commencing-its-froyo-rollout

Looks like I'll be waving from 2.2 too soon. :)

Hero has been confirmed not to receive 2.2 a long time ago. 2.1 is all you get, sorry.

lumigon-20100215-600.jpg

Remember this? (If not, it's the Lumigon T1, a Danish android handset)

According to their official facebook page, Pre orders will start September 20th for release on the 20th of October

Specs from their site

Ultra small form factor smartphones with built-in remote controller, ultra-fast Freescale 1 GHz i.MX51 3D processor, TFT screen with capacitive touch, Wifi and bluetooth, A-GPS, 720P HDMI out, accelerometer, 5 mega pixel autofocus camera with flash, 3.5 mm jack for audio, FM receiver and FM transmitter.

It's a nice looking phone! And I'm not saying that just because I'm danish :p

Any word on pricing? Not cheap, surely.

It's a nice looking phone! And I'm not saying that just because I'm danish :p

Any word on pricing? Not cheap, surely.

It's Danish, it's nice looking and with pretty nice specs. As I said before, I'm guessing it will cost you your first born son.

lumigon-20100215-600.jpg

Remember this? (If not, it's the Lumigon T1, a Danish android handset)

According to their official facebook page, Pre orders will start September 20th for release on the 20th of October

Specs from their site

Ultra small form factor smartphones with built-in remote controller, ultra-fast Freescale 1 GHz i.MX51 3D processor, TFT screen with capacitive touch, Wifi and bluetooth, A-GPS, 720P HDMI out, accelerometer, 5 mega pixel autofocus camera with flash, 3.5 mm jack for audio, FM receiver and FM transmitter.

that looks like 2 seperate phones, is there 2 models of it?

Many N1 owners here? (Vodafone AU Spec Google Nexus One)
Got pushed 2.2 OTA a week ago.
Much love.

I've got one on AT&T, but didn't wait for the OTA. I manually updated the night it was officially released, and recently rooted and flashed the Cyanogenmod 6.0.0RC ROM.

that looks like 2 seperate phones, is there 2 models of it?

I think it might just be bad lighting making it look like the one on the left doesn't have a chin.

EDIT: Looking at it again I don't think that's the case.:think:

Last edited:
Well they have different sets of buttons on the bottom edge of the screen portion, so I don't think it's the same one either.

EDIT: Those are the T1 and S1 models. Can't say which is which, however.

Last edited: