The Android thread

Fixing your X-Wing? Droid does.

Look what just popped up on the interwebnets:

snip

According to Engadget this is coming to T-Mobile in the US later this year.

If that is true, it will be mine. No exceptions.

I just found out there is a small but useful firmware update for my Samsung Galaxy i9000. However, the review I read says that the phone will be fully reset during the update, only the data stored on the sd card will be kept.

So what exactly do I lose when I make this update, and how do I backup everything before I do it?

Last edited:
You'll lose apps, everything else should be googled up. There's titanium backup, but it requires root.

So with losing all apps, I lose all the settings in the individual apps I suppose?

Yes. But there are apps that have built in backups like aCar or mobisle notes.

Well that sucks :(

Froyo.

Or just hit clear from your notification tray. I don't update my apps immediately since programs have a habit of being "upgraded" by removing features (youtube downloads in dolphin browser) or introducing new bugs.

Can anyone give me a hand rooting my Behold II using a Win7 64 machine? There are some tutorials online, but I keep ending up with instructions for an HTC phone.

use appbrain, it'll maintain a list of your apps that way you dont have to write down the apps you have.
Generally a good idea, and I have AppBrain running. Only problem is that it stopped working on my phone a few days ago. I can start the app and choose "Manage my apps", but then it goes into the "Refreshing apps installed on phone" mode and just sits there forever, so I can not sync the phone with the web client anymore. I reinstalled already, but that didn't change anything.

Last edited: