The Android thread

How can anyone dislike this?

HTC-Sensation.jpg

I really don't care for Sense 3.0, the capacitive buttons, or the design. The Galaxy S II is a much sharper looking device I think.

And it's more likely to fall apart within it's warranty period, so you can get a a whole new phone! :p

How can anyone dislike this?

HTC-Sensation.jpg

Because looks and aesthetics are entirely subjective, and thus entirely pointless to argue over beyond just stating which your prefer.

Also, the Sensation looks okay to me. What I really didn't care for was the Nexus 1 with its mix of many colours.

I really don't care for Sense 3.0, the capacitive buttons, or the design. The Galaxy S II is a much sharper looking device I think.

Sense 3.0 has a lot going for it, such as the functional lock screen and the ability to take a call while using GPS navigation without the map disappearing from the screen.

Widgetlocker, and it's not as though it takes much to get back to the map.

I still insist on my old point of capacitive buttons being shit compared to proper physical buttons. But since no manufacturer does those anymore, this is about the best one can get nowadays.

I don't know about that; the back/search button on my Desire is really flaky these days - a problem you wouldn't necessarily have with a capacitive button.

Widgetlocker, and it's not as though it takes much to get back to the map.

I'm sure you would agree that when you're driving, the least you have to mess around with your phone, the better.

BTW, I agree on the issue of capacitive buttons, but unfortunately, physical ones seem to be a thing of the past.

Last edited:
I find capacitive buttons quite annoying on my mozart, I'm always accidently hitting the search button.

HD2 was wide but sleek and elegent.

Can anyone point out good reasons for me not to sell my Galaxy S ans buy a Nexus S?
I know it's doesn't have a radio, but I don't use it anyway...

Other than suggesting that the money would be better spent going toward a GSII, not really. It's got the things you like about the GS, but is sturdier and has no bloat. I also think it looks better.

Despite what smib says, it wouldn't be much of an upgrade over what you have already IMO. I would personally wait for a newer dual-core phone unless you can upgrade to the Nexus S for really tiny monies or something.

That's actually pretty much exactly what I said.

But you said he should get it, I said he shouldn't unless he can upgrade for like their equivalent of $20 which is unlikely because as far as I know electronics are pretty expensive there. The Nexus S is still not all that sturdy (still plastic) and I think Redliner rooted his Galaxy so he can just get a vanilla ROM if he wants.

Objection!
I said that the money would be better spent on a GSII(or anything of the like, really), but that the Nexus S would be an improvement, albeit a very minor one.

Other than suggesting that the money would be better spent going toward a GSII, not really. It's got the things you like about the GS, but is sturdier and has no bloat. I also think it looks better.

My main problem with my phone is the delay in getting updates. Other than that, it has worked brilliantly.

But you said he should get it, I said he shouldn't unless he can upgrade for like their equivalent of $20 which is unlikely because as far as I know electronics are pretty expensive there. The Nexus S is still not all that sturdy (still plastic) and I think Redliner rooted his Galaxy so he can just get a vanilla ROM if he wants.

Well, a brand new Nexus S is around R$1.700 and I could sell my phone for around half that.
My phone is rooted but the I9000 just doesn't have enough support. Mine being a country-specific version (yeah, I'll never make that mistake again) only makes things worse by rendering custom ROMs for the Galaxy S mostly useless.

I guess I'll just use my SGS to the ground and by the next Google phone. :p

EDIT: Guys, guys!
No need to fight! Economically, it's not a good idea to make the change, I know that.
I was asking more in terms of being a good upgrade or just me wanting a vanilla phone. You both presented good points.

Last edited:
Economically, i'm changing my X10 for the Incredible S (Overall have to add $150 after selling the X10) - Though locked bootloader on the IS doesn't help (not sure if HTC will ever unlock current devices since they mention future devices) :(

But if i had the Galaxy S, wouldn't bother till a worthy dual-core phone like the Sensation or Galaxy S II made it to the shores. :D

Which is better; Switchpro, or Extended controls?

Need something to toggle wifi, gps and mobile data.

Which is better; Switchpro, or Extended controls?

Need something to toggle wifi, gps and mobile data.

CyanogenMod.