The Android thread

Yeah, this sounds like your GPS simply doesn't work properly and has nothing to do with GMaps :dunno: it just works with the information it's given by your phone...

I had to reopen maps to finish my journey and it was fine, I thought maybe something in app killer was fucking it. By couldn't see anything.

I had to reopen maps to finish my journey and it was fine, I thought maybe something in app killer was fucking it. By couldn't see anything.

You're using a task killer on a modern Android phone?

no, a task killer will only fuck up your android

and if you send a bugreport, which always includes if you're running one of those, developers won't even look at your problem if you have such an app running
get rid of that POS app ASAP!!!!

Because it's bettererer.

She just fucked me on a 60 mile journey, last 5 miles she was 1/2 mile ahead. She always continues on the route, she never goes "hang on, youre behind"

Get rid of the task killer man. Does the navigation in other apps (Waze, Here, etc) fuck up? Could be a way to narrow things down.

no, a task killer will only fuck up your android

and if you send a bugreport, which always includes if you're running one of those, developers won't even look at your problem if you have such an app running
get rid of that POS app ASAP!!!!

Correct. Task Killers have never been needed.

There are still some apps out there that don't sleep properly in the background, somehow. I had a game that I noticed continued to very very faintly play music even while not active. Of course the proper solution is to get rid of those apps.

I uninstalled the app killer so now my battery life is about 4 mins, anyway... bitch is still crazy.

2 and a half miles behind, 1/2 ahead. Or normal.

Is your phone updated/ing?

When was the last time you restarted it?

First look at Android O:

[video=youtube;bdB_CL-daxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdB_CL-daxA[/video]

The 3rd preview dropped today and I jumped on it to see how it is. Totally not because of the new cool looking music notifications...

The new music notifications.

cE4k8ZZ.png
QKkqufw.png

Youtube does native Picture in Picture mode.

1IzbFuy.png

So.Much.White... :squint:

8S48G3w.png
nIdjs0D.png

i just upgraded my phone to lineage OS...looking neat!
several of my tasker plugings are no longer working though :(
but most of the profiles i created can now be configured within android! so i'll get around...

but i also installed magisk framework...anyone has any experience with this?
it's not working like it should, when i try to download and install a package, the magisk manager just crashes
and when i try to install them through the recovery, it gives an MD5 error

looking at google, i'm not the only one with this problem, but i can't find the fix :(

Never mind, the app updates itself, and now it's working.
Must've been a problem with the build

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yet, it has turned your Tapatalk signature back on .
As we know this is a punishable offense here. Death penalty anyone?

Serves you right for constantly fucking with your phone's OS

I'll go and disable it ;)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It seems Andoid 8.0 on my Nexus 5X improved the battery life significantly - before the update usually I got around 2, maybe 2 1/2 days when I didn't use the phone much, now I'm 2 days in for this battery charge and it's at 54%...

nice!
looking forward to when lineageOS will be based on 8