The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
why does that third theory not sound unlikely? :think:
(the part about the imprisonment at least )
The version I had heard before was the second one, that basically they removed control limitations to try to make a more spectacular display flight.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I love how shortly after the British/French said they want to restore a Concorde to fly over the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, the Russians quickly responded by saying they want to restore a Tu-144 to fly over the 2014 Olympic opening ceremony.
Instead of fooling around with the Tu-144, the Russians should, if they really want to piss of the Western world, simply get their Buran program back in gear.

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
^ The Buran was a sweet program, but these shuttles are for more expensive than they are worth. They'd be better developing a new capsule and heavy lifter like NASA.

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
This history is new to me.

Heathrow, you seem to be a WWII enthusiast

* Snip * Interesting desert air war history *
Oui, c'est moi!

I read a lot of histories and Internet around a bit.

Anyway, it has been too long since a Spitfire was posted and in honour of M. Correspondent75.

FAFL marked Spitfire
(GC Ile de France/No. 341 Squadron RAF)
in the Paris Le Bourget museum.​

Free French Airforce (Wiki)

tquattro

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8T
The Thunderbirds are performing today in Romania, on the Black Sea shore. Wish I could be there, but the show is 700km away. Why did it have to be in the middle of the week?:(

M3lover

Car(s)
S204 Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI BE T
The Thunderbirds are performing today in Romania, on the Black Sea shore. Wish I could be there, but the show is 700km away. Why did it have to be in the middle of the week?:(
My dad is going to go see them practice when they are in Denmark in the comming weeks (can't remember if it's next week or the next week again).

h-p

Car(s)
Mazda 3
They're coming to Finland too. Sadly I can't go see them. Double suck, since there's also an A-10.

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
I'm going to get to see them next month when I'm back in the states on my way to England. It's nice living twenty minutes away from a major airshow. :p I think this will be the sixth or seventh time I've seen them perform.

Since we're on the subject of them: