The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

qCPXVqS.png

Best shot from yesterday, rest were kinda ruined from a dirty lens. Will PS them though, should post them in the next few days.

Anyway, at Frankfurt, in the end it was too complicated, because the bigger plane types had to use the old, not shifted threshold or the other runway, and in every case there were different procedures to maintain separation between the planes... so they build a new runway that is far enough for completely independent approaches.
Yup, it's on the other side of the Autobahn wich runs right next to the airport buildings so they had to build two huge bridges over the Autobahn.

The new runway is used only for landings so the other runways can be used more for starts.

Since the Startbahn West (18) can only be used exclusively for starts, and the other two parallel runways (07C/25C and 07R/25L) are used for both, the new one sort of balances the airport out. There are some nice spotting locations next to it, as well. Too bad it can't be used by the heavy planes though - A380, 747 and the MD-11 aren't allowed to use it, afaik because of the noise restrictions.

The 380 is definitely growing on me.

GsTQBaJ.jpg

qCPXVqS.png

Best shot from yesterday, rest were kinda ruined from a dirty lens. Will PS them though, should post them in the next few days.

You're welcome!

Just got back from an up-and-back to KSAV and the FlightSafety Gulfstream center. Spent about an hour in the G450 sim - V1 cut, steep turns, stalls, and approaches. Flew everything to ATP/type-rating standards!

On a side note, had two F/A-18Ds take off as we were waiting to depart KSAV and a C-17 overtake us about 2000 feet higher en-route. Also had to deviate around a storm or two :blink:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N44838
Screen%20shot%202013-07-28%20at%206.38.50%20PM.png

Might have some pics later

*snip whalebus*

Said no one ever...

A well made YT video of some French pilot and where he was flying one year.

Cockpit flying shots and lots of overhead views of the following:

France
Groix
Montpellier
Camargue
Mont Blanc

USA
Grand Canyon
Monument Valley
Death Valley
Golden Gate Bridge

Pretty cool, huh? :cool:

EDIT:

NB: You can delete the stupid banner ad that pops up, move the cursor to top right and an X appears.

Also had to deviate around a storm or two :blink:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N44838
Screen%20shot%202013-07-28%20at%206.38.50%20PM.png

Might have some pics later.

Of the storms, hell yeah!

Said no one ever...

Still getting used to the A380, I can't say it's a good looking plane like a Boeing 747.

:smile:

Last edited:
86ertyw.jpg

Note the wing position.

:lol:

Impressive aircraft...ugly as sin, but impressive nonetheless.