The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

why does that third theory not sound unlikely? :think:
(the part about the imprisonment at least )

The version I had heard before was the second one, that basically they removed control limitations to try to make a more spectacular display flight.

I love how shortly after the British/French said they want to restore a Concorde to fly over the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics, the Russians quickly responded by saying they want to restore a Tu-144 to fly over the 2014 Olympic opening ceremony.
Instead of fooling around with the Tu-144, the Russians should, if they really want to piss of the Western world, simply get their Buran program back in gear.

^ The Buran was a sweet program, but these shuttles are for more expensive than they are worth. They'd be better developing a new capsule and heavy lifter like NASA.

This history is new to me.

Heathrow, you seem to be a WWII enthusiast

* Snip * Interesting desert air war history *

Oui, c'est moi!

I read a lot of histories and Internet around a bit.

Anyway, it has been too long since a Spitfire was posted and in honour of M. Correspondent75.

FAFL marked Spitfire
(GC Ile de France/No. 341 Squadron RAF)
in the Paris Le Bourget museum.​

Free French Airforce (Wiki)

557331main_iss027e036710_full.jpg

Might be a go pro lol.

The Thunderbirds are performing today in Romania, on the Black Sea shore. Wish I could be there, but the show is 700km away. Why did it have to be in the middle of the week?:(

The Thunderbirds are performing today in Romania, on the Black Sea shore. Wish I could be there, but the show is 700km away. Why did it have to be in the middle of the week?:(

My dad is going to go see them practice when they are in Denmark in the comming weeks (can't remember if it's next week or the next week again).

They're coming to Finland too. Sadly I can't go see them. Double suck, since there's also an A-10.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/557331main_iss027e036710_full.jpg

I really hate the auto-resize of the pictures (without the "click here to view full size" bar) since the forum update.