The best ever Clarkson,Hammond and May Quotes

why would you burn lambs, but you're right I think on the workshy. Great quote indeed..
Too hard to pick good ones, so subjective.

dutch_designer said:
why would you burn lambs

I think some french protesters burned a trailer with british lambs inside, can't find a newspaper article on the subject though, my search only comes up with cooking recipes...

tloekke said:
my search only comes up with cooking recipes...

:lol:
Not the most useful search then? :)

I liked it when Richard showed up and yelled to James "he's bought a grandfather clock" :lol:

Too many Clarkson ones...

tloekke said:
dutch_designer said:
why would you burn lambs

I think some french protesters burned a trailer with british lambs inside, can't find a newspaper article on the subject though, my search only comes up with cooking recipes...

I think it was about when they burned tens of thousands of sheep during the foot-and-mouth thing instead of testing them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1202946.stm

BerserkerCatSplat said:
tloekke said:
dutch_designer said:
why would you burn lambs

I think it was about when they burned tens of thousands of sheep during the foot-and-mouth thing instead of testing them.

That makes sense, you're probably right :)

my favorite hammind quote is:
"the hyundai accent...it really is less fun, than drowning"
everytime i think of that i laugh!!

I can't remember the exact context but it was something like this:
JC: Blokes can't drive convertibles.
May: excuse me but Hammond here sticks his hair in a bucket of hair products every morning and Jeremy can't even drink dark bear, then has the courage to say "it's not funny" when obviously it is.
I am the only proper bloke on this show......
Every time I see that bit it floors me :lol:

mgkdk said:
Blythy said:
the best may quote is his rant against bill bryson. that was classic

"Have you seen who's behind them? .... Bill Bryson.

Well I think that man is a danger, frankly. If there's one thing I can't stand it's beardy, sanctimonious, patronising Americans in tartan trousers coming to England and trying to persuade us to turn it into a museum.

He wants the East End full of cheeky cockney chaps pushing wheelbarrows full of eels and he wants Northerners to be industrialists with big braces and blokes dying of the consumption... "morning Bill... I've got the consumption... it's traditional.alright"

Bill, if you're watching, ok. You won't be watching, obviously, because we're not talking about steam engines or longboats or bear-baiting but if you happen to have tuned in by mistake, we're not interested in the views of stupid Americans who come over with their big video cameras saying "gee I love your history it's just so old".... SOD OFF......Allright."

Best rant ever :thumbsup:

you have way too much time on your hands if you typed that up personally :lol:

well if you count anything by clarkson.. in heaven and hell, talking about that beast in my sig

"you can actually feel the whole thing flexing, feels like its made of fruit, like its going to come apart at any moment"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and while talking about it

"does it rip your face off, with lightning acceleration... not even close"

you need to be watching it to find it as funny as i do i guess :lol: :lol:

Mercury said:
I can't remember the exact context but it was something like this:
JC: Blokes can't drive convertibles.
May: excuse me but Hammond here sticks his hair in a bucket of hair products every morning and Jeremy can't even drink dark bear, then has the courage to say "it's not funny" when obviously it is.
I am the only proper bloke on this show......
Every time I see that bit it floors me :lol:

Let's see if I can reconstruct this from memory, as it's one of my favorite quotes too:

JC: I don't think any man can drive a convertible.
JM: I'm sorry. I hate to interrupt this, but this is honestly the biggest load of limp-wristed twaddle (my new favorite phrase) I've ever heard. These two, they're not real men. Hammond here wakes up every morning and sticks his head in a bucket of hair product. He has got a dog, but it's a poodle. And you can stop laughing, Clarkson, because you won't drink brown beer and you say "Eeeugh, flatulence isn't funny" when clearly it is! I am in fact the only proper man on this show. I live in a tumble-down house full of motorbikes, and and I think a bloke can drive a convertible. But it's got to be the right kind.

Now for the people with the episode rip on hand to correct me :p

Hammond on the PT Cruiser Cabriolet: "How much, DON'T you want that car?"

BerserkerCatSplat said:
tloekke said:
dutch_designer said:
why would you burn lambs

No, tolekke was right in the first place, French farmers and/or truck drivers during one of their (frequent) strikes decided to confiscate and burn a lorry full of British lambs in protest (either that or they were peckish!) But it happened a long time ago, maybe 15 years ago!

May: "What Do We Want??"
Clarkson: "A Range Rover!!!"
May: "When Do We Want It??"
Hammond: "As Soon As We Can Arrange Easy Financing!!"

Hammond: "The corner is as strange to Americans as small portions and a president that can spell"

Clarkson: "If this were america, this town would be full of people doing whatever it is they do.... Incest mostly"

rjvracing said:
Hammond: "The corner is as strange to Americans as small portions and a president that can spell"

Haha! that's a good one. I don't remember ever hearing that before. For somereason I seem to be one of the few Americans that actually find it entertaining when they make fun of us.

rjvracing said:
May: "What Do We Want??"
Clarkson: "A Range Rover!!!"
May: "When Do We Want It??"
Hammond: "As Soon As We Can Arrange Easy Financing!!"
:lmao: :lmao: Which episode was that?