The best smells ever

The smell of a new magazine (flipping the pages fast)
Ethanol/race gas
My girlfriend's perfume- don't ask what it is, she has like 5 and I only love the 1.

Burning Ethanol is a good smell
Marvels Mystery Oil
Cedar
New Car (aka adhesives)
Mexican restaurants
Eraser Dust

Fresh honey and cannabis as it starts to bloom.

Cinnamon (this includes Cinnabon cinnamon rolls and the like)
Cherry Vanilla
Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka (tastes horrible straight, better as a mixer, but it smells delicious)
My car's interior - it has a unique smell thanks to all the air fresheners I've used over the years, but everyone who's ridden in the car says it smells good :)
Anything mint
Brand new shoes

I like old car smell, especially the smell of an old European car. That whiff of burnt oil, uncatalyzed exhaust, leather and rubberised horsehair. There really isn't anything else like it.

Also, I like the smell of jet exhaust, the beach, basil, roasted garlic and a well-worn baseball glove.

Jet fuel
Old books, might be 'musty' to some, but I love it.
Baking in general.
My hair after it's just been washed (and other people's depending on their shampoo)
Leather
The sea
Eucalyptus forests after rain.
Flowers (duh!) - minus the ones that give me hayfever (I'm looking at YOU daffodils!)
Chocolate... :drool:

There's probably others I've forgotten, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Ethanol/E85
Two-stroke fuel mixed with chain lube
Pulling on a freshly Molecule-washed balaclava
The pages of a glossy brochure

Some of the more odd smells I like.

Food
  • Opening a Cailler chocolate tablet
  • Opening a box of Luxemburgelis
  • Vanilla in general
  • Horseradish
  • When you are stepping into a bakery in the early morning
  • The toaster doing his work, best smell ever, full stop

Non-food
  • All them women, with some exceptions, in some situations the impact of the smell is multiplied and can even beat the smell of toast with ease.
  • Petrol (only for the first moment, after that one moment I don't like the smell anymore)
  • When you drive to the coast and you can smell the saltwater before you can see the sea
  • Firewood getting carbonized

Greetings, lip

Last edited:
Poorly combusted petrol fumes from an old car without a catalytic converter on a cold winter morning, grilled meat, cut grass, forests in rain.

haze...temple....tibizla....snowwhite...amnesia...silver pearl...

argh, there are just to many!!!

Here I come with my imagination.

Petrol.
Cut grass.
I know exactly what people mean about cat fur.
EP90 gearbox oil (smells nice after 10 seconds or so when you've stopped turning your nose up).
2 stroke exhaust fumes.
Candle smoke (at its best when the candles have just been blown out)
Grilled/fried/cooked meat/fish/food.

Cigarette smoke when it is first lit.

The smell of May, August and of October in the area I live in. May you can smell the Lilac and Crabapple trees blooming, in August the smell of hot vegetation and corn pollen that is in the air, and in October the smell of the leaves , especially when wet.

Leather
A woodworking shop while a bunch of sawing is going on
Fresh cut grass mixed with exhaust fumes (this smell can often be experienced at hot rod shows)
Cordite smoke
A redwood forest, or, even better:
A redwood forest mixed with exhaust fumes (like when driving and old car through a redwood forest)
Driving by the Budweiser factory (Yes, they do make shit beer, but even Budweiser cannot screw up the smell that comes from massive quantities of beer ingredients being processed in the same place at once)
Piping hot black tea (any kind really, although English Breakfast rocks my socks)
Actually any kind of hot tea really

New one for me, Peanuts being roasted. My office is near the Fisher Nut factory. :D

Definitely new car smell. Also new leather smell - we just got new sofas delivered and the living room smelled of awesome for a bit. :p

Other than that petrol/the smell of a petrol station forecourt is brilliant.

Also glue.