The Big Rig thread!

In finland, there's one way to legally use those american style trucks for pulling semitrailers.

About 10 years ago, I saw a sleeper cab Scania T-model pulling a normal 13,6 meter semitrailer and got interested because it was clearly over the 16,5m length limit for the combination. The way he had made it legal, was that he had attached a second very short trailer behind the first trailer, and at that point the length limit for the truck and trailers changed to 25,25 meters with no limits on how long the truck itself can be, as long as the combination fulfils the turning requirements :p

Eh? New job?
Last year I spent 5 months at home after a minor operation had gone wonkey....5 months of laying on a couch waiting for the damn wound to close up gave me time to think, decided I really wasn't enyoying it anymore, to many damn idiots about....
Never went back to driving after that, working as a fabricator for 9 months now.

If you are happier then before (and it sounds like that) good for you! Enjoy your new life. If you miss driving too much, there's always Euro Truck Simulator...

You can crash into them without real life consequences though. :)

22310286_10213805347158665_2111589683074551214_n.jpg

Actros 2863

22228233_10213777841431039_6154174769814805529_n.jpg

Actros 2653
I was 44 tonnes, not even fully loaded of fish.

The scenery you drive through must be beautiful. Not everyone can afford these ETS2 DLCs.

67QqOjW.jpg

IrMceDi.jpg

Only 1 is real on newer Peterbuilt's I guess and they retain a two to keep users happy?

The truck version of a fake bumper exhaust cutout.

I've never seen 4 door sleeper cabs before. Had to circle back to take a photo of this one yesterday.

Ourq6WN.jpg

Wow I've also never seen that before. I do wonder why though ...

I think the question was "why crew cab (4 full doors). There are plenty of super long sleeper cabs around here, Reliable Auto Carriers loves their fancy trucks, but that was the first time I've seen that particular cab configuration.

Sticker reads "Private RV - Not for hire". I'll bet it's pulling a race car of some sort.

Trailer was 100% not a car carrier. Was a conventional enclosed dry goods trailer.

I think the question was "why crew cab (4 full doors). There are plenty of super long sleeper cabs around here, Reliable Auto Carriers loves their fancy trucks, but that was the first time I've seen that particular cab configuration.

Yeah, exactly. I am aware of those "super cabs" :)

Something like a rail car would not use a conventional car trailer anyway.