Ownership Verified: The blue Fiesta diesel van driver of Finland

Today i had to park behind another Tax evasion -special:

Raptor is (usually) registered as a (semi?)truck for cartax reasons in Finland.

So a Raptor that's allowed to do 80km/h. Great.

But it gets to those 80km/h really quickly :p

Top speed is 159 km/h..

So a Raptor that's allowed to do 80km/h. Great.
I heard that a fin bought the hennesey version from the Jyv?skyl? rally exhibition and now has max speed of 80km/h, even though it does 0-100 5.2 seconds :D

I heard that a fin bought the hennesey version from the Jyv?skyl? rally exhibition and now has max speed of 80km/h, even though it does 0-100 5.2 seconds :D

Just see it as another way of tuning: Crop down the acceleration time buy changing the speed. I bet hardly any other work truck can go to 80 km/h within 4 to 4,5 (?) seconds. :D

In Finland, you can get something called a Truckmasters OX. It looks like a Hilux and is made by Toyota, but it's not a Toyota. Toyota doesn't honor any warranties and while I'm sure they're happy to service it for you (and bill you for it) it's not their product in any way.

The difference is it's registered as a truck with a gross weight of 3505kg. It requires a C class license and is governed to 89km/h, but the upside is that it's cheaper to tax etc because it's a truck. You are also legally allowed to carry more than on a Hilux. This becomes important when you put a sand spreader and plow on it and still want to carry other things.

Oh, the joys of the taxation system and its loopholes.

Its winter tires time, so swapped the ContiPremiumContact 2 summers to ContiIceContact's that came with the car and pervious owner forgot the caps from the winters (i tried the ones from summers but those were too small) so i need to source those.

But now i know that i can fit 8 tires (ds3 summers and fiesta summers) in the back of the fiesta:

Last edited:
Bought a battery, because i think the one in the car was from 2013 and needed charging after every drive (also fuel heater only worked 30 mins instead of 60 it was set).

Previously a 60Ah battery from ford:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/v\/vi\/viilaaja\/2018\/02\/20\/IMG_20180220_172534.jpg"}[/IMG2]

and the new one, 71Ah from Exide:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/v\/vi\/viilaaja\/2018\/02\/20\/IMG_20180219_143347.jpg"}[/IMG2]

edit 1:

also i installed the battery warmer, battery charger still in box because need to dismantle more of car to install it.

Last edited:
Adunaphel;n3546405 said:
I can tell you are pretty exided about all this.

i am :cool:

Took me 6months to install the defa charger :D

IMG_20180901_200201dd221f3278bda4b8.jpg

had to dismantle half of the front to get to the area where the cable could go into the

IMG_20180901_20020673ebba380e8ae94e.jpg

Managed to set the plug so it has a backcover and the thightened behind the grill with a plastic nut.
You can even (barely?) see the cable behind the grill.

and finally a video of the testing:

i also broke the cover for the right mirror while reversing out of the garage, so i need to source new one :p

and here is the cover with some added tape:

IMG_20180902_143722e5f84d2b86f7c8bc.jpg

IMG_20180902_1437265f0263441ff37826.jpg

Van has been running extremely well, so well infact that i went to our Ahvenisto trackday with it and managed to get fastest lap at 1:55,23, which is 5sec slower than fastest ds3 lap (but that also had 25hp more power).

I also replaced the broken rear foglight housing @ ~13eur
Before:

After:

Replaced the broken passanger side mirror cover @ 100eur (its color mached from factory):

Replaced the broken rear licence plate holder for 7eur:
Before:

After:

Even tested with www.Finalgear.com plate holder, space was too limiting for it thought :/

Tested the A7's spare tire (20" spare o_O ) fitness to the fiesta:

And swapped winter tires (i also located the centre protechtion plastics!):

So i got a really neat feature on my van, release handle didn't work, but keyfob opening worked.
it also started to release the lock while driving, but luckly the trunk didn't open.

And my temporary (or permanen fix) was to take out the handle and blast the connector with canned air to dry it out and then apply some protective layer to the connector with a CRC.

So many broken things on one page, it's like one of my threads! You must've been driving it like you stole it. Damn electrical gremlins are annoying and the boot opening itself would be a call for brown trousers.. I still swear the rear hatch on my Smart opened itself whilst I was traversing the Belgium last year but thanks to the soggy gas struts it didn't become a big aero feature.

So many broken things on one page, it's like one of my threads! You must've been driving it like you stole it. Damn electrical gremlins are annoying and the boot opening itself would be a call for brown trousers.. I still swear the rear hatch on my Smart opened itself whilst I was traversing the Belgium last year but thanks to the soggy gas struts it didn't become a big aero feature.

its a van, so it meant to drive like you stole it D: (i've driven nearly 40k km since purchase).
yeah electrical things get insane quite fast.

Heres a nifty solution.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2P6BL7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eagJCbKC39HHJ

Not sure what level infotainment system you have since all the photos on the first page are broken, but if its Sync 3, its really wasy to enable the camera feed to the screen.

yeah, it has the shittier sync, so no rear cam for me :D
i was thinking of one of those android entertainment things that replace the system, but everyone of them is android 5 and there is no mention if it can be updated to newer.
Aslo those are 500eur starting price :D