The Bugatti Veyron is a (insert nationality here) car?

The Bugatti Veyron is a (insert nationality here) car?

• Total voters

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
So looking at the history of Bugatti, the founder and namesake is Italian, however the factory is in France, and now they're owned by a German company and essentially a super expensive VW project.

So if some geek car fanboy asks what nationality car the Bugatti is, what do you call it? Italian, French, German, Lebanese, Iranian? or do you consider it a product in an automotive era where national origins are kind of meaningless in many coop nation-produced products?

The Bugatti Veyron is a German car.

Since the company has been rebuilt from scratch by VAG. There's nothing left of the original Bugatti company and their cars besides the legacy.

German, easy as that.

Bugatti is still located in Molsheim, so if I had to choose I'd say French. But there is no point in declaring a car to be purely one nationality.

German.

Why is Italy even on there? Bugatti is a French comapny.

Its German.

Why is Italy even on there? Bugatti is a French comapny.

Its German.

Because ive heard more than once Bugatti (the marque in general) being referred to as Italian because of Ettore Bugatti's nationality. Obviously thats not true now.

Because ive heard more than once Bugatti (the marque in general) being referred to as Italian because of Ettore Bugatti's nationality. Obviously thats not true now.

The EB110 was built in Italy, I was under the impression that people considered it Italian.

german.

Lamborghini has its headquarters in Italy, when it was owned by Chrysler was it American?

Hard to say, it's either the founder's nationality (then Chevrolet is French), the headquarters' location (then so is Bugatti), the name (then Jaguar is Brazilian, from the old Tupi language of jaguara it's a stretch so bear with me), or who its owners are (then Lotus is Malaysian). Funny how much more ambiguous it is when dealing with arguably the world's greatest supercar. Everybody wants a piece of the pie.

I just says it's European.

You could argue that the company is traditionally French, but that the car (Veyron) is mainly German. But I still reckon it's French.

Like anything produced in the last few decades, it's beyond nationality.

No, it's from Vichy France - pretends to be French, but it's really German.