The car cleaning thread

I'd expect that complex geometries in glass would play havoc with the optics during the forming process?

Not like it would be impossible.

750? per headlamp makes you not wanna bin en :)
If you're talking about that Ford of yours, you can get them cheaper.

Got my foam cannon out today. First time using it.

WSJVWaI.jpg

... How warm was it outside?

So do I but, yesterday was the warmest it's been for two months. 40F. You must be more southern.

So I figured out what that gross crap on my Mustang's engine bay shock towers is. Its the rubberized undercoating overspray. And its on there pretty good. Any ideas how I can get it off? When I scratch it off with my fingernail, it comes off, but a) thats gross and b) using an abrasive pad would ruin the paint under it.

So I figured out what that gross crap on my Mustang's engine bay shock towers is. Its the rubberized undercoating overspray. And its on there pretty good. Any ideas how I can get it off? When I scratch it off with my fingernail, it comes off, but a) thats gross and b) using an abrasive pad would ruin the paint under it.

Just started going at it with a nylon bristle brush and some Goo Gone. Its working wonders!

Gau2Iv5.jpg

Have you tried a claybar on it?

^ Why would you want to remove it? If that's the way Ford did it, that's the way the car is. In thirty years time, originality like that will be prized.

:p

Yeahhhh. Took me a while to sense the joke. Scumbag dealer was scumbag.

Have you tried a claybar on it?

Claybay would be way more trouble because of all the tight spots and sharp metal edges. The Goo Gone and brush/rag was perfect!

Still got more to do, but calling it a day.
CXqMYDL.jpg

No gas struts to prop the hood?! How outmoded!

Yeahhhh. Took me a while to sense the joke. Scumbag dealer was scumbag.

Claybay would be way more trouble because of all the tight spots and sharp metal edges. The Goo Gone and brush/rag was perfect!

Still got more to do, but calling it a day.
CXqMYDL.jpg

Careful though, Goo Gone is not safe on paint, unless you clean it right away. Also, make sure that you keep it away from plastic parts.

Prop rod is lighter than struts! Because lightness!

Volvos of yore don't use prop rods, or struts...heavy dual spring mechanisms is the way to go. They thought a little more weight is no biggie on an already heavy car :lol: