The End Of An Era: FinalGear.com's Main Site Retired, Forums Will Live On

THANKS!

THANKS!

I remember using this back in my home country of Sri Lanka and when I immigrated here to the US of A, I still used it right up until you had to shut down the site. It's been real guys. Big THANK YOU! for paving the way for many many motor heads/petrol heads/piston heads, allowing them to watch these great car shows.

To the guys for taking the time out of their lives to maintain the website amongst other things, THANK YOU!

Take Care and all the best in your future endeavors!

Also, wishing everyone a Prosperous New Year!

Thank you so much for so many years of support! I got hooked on to TopGear solely because of finalgear.com!

Thanks, everyone. :)

Thank you Finalgear.com. It was thanks to you that back in 2004 I found out a way to have my favorite car show(which I had just discovered somehow) everytime I wanted, I used to make DVDs out of the files with 3 episodes on one DVD, it took me about 4 hours on that old PC of mine to complete but it was such a joy to watch those episodes afterwards!

Thank you soo much!!:)

When will the site go to just the forums directly? I'm pretty sure everyone has seen this post by now.

forums.~ is a permanently opened tab in my chrome.. its also the first autocomplete when I type an "f" in the address bar.. I understand his point but yeah I think its not really neccessary.. :)

If you visited the main site expecting torrents and then got dumped onto the homepage of the forums, you'd be very confused.

I?ve been coming here since 2005, which a friend of mine ,told me to visit this site.
Since then, it was part of my weekly routine for many years, for checking new episodes, news, and another stuff.
Thanks Viper007 and the team, you?ve done such a great job on running the site for many years.
Thanks Finalgear.

As someone who found these forums due to the main page I do feel we are losing something.

One good result of this however, is that Viper et co. won't be burdened by the effort of upkeep on the main site. I just hope it doesn't cause the forum to stagnate.

Just saw this and I'm angry and sad at the same time. Content owners (although I'm sure BBC had nothing to do with this) need to realize sites like this are what made their shows popular, and once they become famous, they want to kill off the very site that did it?

Fifty-rate lawyers... there's the whole bunch of thoose fellas in R.F. who have no contacts or legal rights to place any charges, but they do it just because you did something illegal.

Them stoolpigeons. Gentlemen of "i report you do bad sh**" family.

And the power of commercials... I mean, generally, it's forbidden to post anything TV-related, because only they got legal rights. But then again, people watch thoose shows absolutely for free on TV. But neeeeuw! You can't watch it on the E-net, cause only TV channel has legal right to broadcast, due to commercial contracts. Screentime, blablabla...

So. We can record TV-show. We can watch it. But we can't share it via E-net, cause that'll make other users possible to skip commercial block.

Are. They. REALLY? think somebody watches commercials unmute? are they really think commercial has profits, because it's illegal to share TV-rec-shows on E-net?

Are they really that stupid?

Seriously, theese are the people who think you can stop the flooding, by closing the river with big pile o rocks.

It's such a shame that I just recently got broadband in my rural area and found this site, i wish i could have enjoyed it in its full glory. Have watched TG since it was available in the US via BBC America. Have some of the old episodes, but not many. Is quite a shame.

If you visited the main site expecting torrents and then got dumped onto the homepage of the forums, you'd be very confused.

Yes, definitely. This is the first time I've been on this site in months (just busy, I guess) and it's all news to me. It's quite a bummer, this was a great resource. Thanks for all of your effort over the years.

- Brett

So. We can record TV-show. We can watch it. But we can't share it via E-net, cause that'll make other users possible to skip commercial block.

You're right you can record it, and watch it again afterwards, but you seem to forget its for personal use. All the DVDs and CDs that are sold are supposed to be for personal use. Its totally different to sharing it on the internet. Its a shame the main site is closed but no-one can say it wasn't inevitable.

New show new network going to change this outlook or is "what's done is done?"

No plans to start doing torrents again. Back when this site started, it was next to impossible to get rips of Top Gear and that's no longer the case.

EZTV for example is a great TV torrents site, and there's many others too.

I gotta say, it's a great compliment to one measly web site to get threathened by the BBC, good job old boy. Here's to you, cheers.