"The Expendables", could it be the most epic movie of all time?

All I can really say is:

Terry Crews. AA-12.

Terry Crews + AA12 made that movie. Statham was also good. The rest (including Sly) were completely forgettable.

Eh, never been a Sly fan. I always preferred Bruce Willis.

Went to see it yesterday and loved it. Needed moar Willis and Van Damme in the cast, but other than that, my expectations were fulfilled. Even my girlriend was well entertained, though she didn't want to admit it straight away :D

I was dissapointed to be honest, and I love my old school action films. Could have been great. The last sequance was brilliant, exactly what I expected, but the fight scenes were generally awful in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the close up, shakey cam, lots of quick cuts style of filming. I understand that these actors may not be able to do long fight sequance takes any more but come on! Got irritating as you couldn't really see what was going on.

I finally saw it last night....

Needed more arse kicking action. I liked it, but as a child of the 80s I wanted more action flick, less lovey dovey. It took so long to get to the point!

Man, Dolph really looks like Gary Busey. That's who should have really been in this movie, Gary Busey. He could play the bad guy, maybe bite the head off a wolverine or something, cuz he's Gary Fucking Busey.

But yeah, I like any movie where everything explodes in the end.

so, did you see it?

Yes...it's like Sex and the City for dudes. The subplots were kinda dumb, but unlike The Finn, I loved every scene Mickey Rourke was in.

Just finished watching this movie. The cast was great, the story not so much. Full of plain old clich?s, looked a lot like the A-Team on steroids. Overall, it was disappointing. I was expecting a lot better than this.

just seen it and its probably the best film i've seen this year. What helped most was going into it not expecting high caliber storylines or amazing special effects. Its a text book example of a popcorn movie. just sit back and enjoy it. the end fight was the most entertaining i've seen in a long time. Terry Crews fricking owned the end sequence. It had the nice mix of storyline and sequences. not loads to get bogged down in long conversations and not too few to make it confusing. Blaro was spot on with his definition, its Sex and the City for men.
Could have done with Gary Busey or Tommy Lee Jones as the villains and Van Damme as well but i can't complain, if they do a sequel. then its something to keep in mind.
Surely i can't have been the only one who couldn't stop smiling seeing Sly, Arnie and Bruce in that one scene. Felt like i had gone to nerd heaven. Also Jason Statham is the jammiest sod, if he's not getting lucky with Kelly Brook he has Charisma Carpenter in this film.