The F1 Technical Developments Thread

F1 rules suck, its just getting out of hand. i know its been said a hundered times but it seems that every time someone comes up with an idea they make a fucking rule against it. getting old.

Lol, inevitable...

In any sufficiently technical thread you always get 'tards who haven't got a clue and try to drag the conversation back down to their own level. This is a particular problem for F1 where most fans want to understand how things work without learning the technical language require to understand how things work.

The worst is when people that are known to have knowledge just wildly speculate and claim shit without any trace of proof. That is the absolute worst.

Anyhoo, these pipes are less likely to get banned in new solutions, since there is nothing that exciting about them.

The worst is when people that are known to have knowledge just wildly speculate and claim shit without any trace of proof. That is the absolute worst.

Anyhoo, these pipes are less likely to get banned in new solutions, since there is nothing that exciting about them.

IF they are made to work properly they would bring a bigger advantage than the DDD and flexi front wing, especially combined with the sidepods. This is off course all wild speculation based on no aerodynamic or engineering knowledge.

is it clear already what McLaren are doing with their exhaust? do we know already where the U-bend exhaust leads to?

Noone really knows for sure. There's some speculation that it feeds into some sort of collector which splits the gases into several different directions.

They've tested at least two different exhausts. One blowing over the diffuser and one which probably was some kind of front blowing.

They show the art piece old Honda claiming it's the WO1 car, then they put the real deal beneath it in the article...do they think we're blind?

Even my girlfriend noticed they weren't the same.

Ross Brawn said:
Mercedes GP boss Ross Brawn believes the introduction of forward exhausts will have a more significant impact than double diffusers had during the 2009 season.

Yeah then why none of the teams were like a full second faster than the second fastest in testing like the BGP001 was in 09?
Bunch of shit.

I keep saying it, there will come a time when F1 pilots will be fed beans and prune juice before the races so there's a tube connected to their ass and the gas will be used for downforce. You wait and see.

I keep saying it, there will come a time when F1 pilots will be fed beans and prune juice before the races so there's a tube connected to their ass and the gas will be used for downforce. You wait and see.
Or fed to the engine, as some kind of human KERS... :lol:

They're medium and hard, there won't be any race weekends with both of them in action.

That has been said before, but it's the internet - don't let stupid facts come in the way of complaining!

That has been said before, but it's the internet - don't let stupid facts come in the way of complaining!

I do know they try to seperate the compounds with a gap - there are also instances where they bring 2 compounds next to each other for a event as well.

In any sufficiently technical thread you always get 'tards who haven't got a clue and try to drag the conversation back down to their own level. This is a particular problem for F1 where most fans want to understand how things work without learning the technical language require to understand how things work.

Representin