The FOOTball thread

Goal thievery! Hope Brazil pulls it off...

edit: 3-2 w00t!!!!!

Last edited:
Upsetting, but what can you do..Thought we should have went to the bench earlier, but a good experience for us.

Well poop, Brazil was just too much to handle and I love the fact that the US is showing improvement. The best thing about this tournament is the coming out party for Altidore and he will only get better between now and next summer!

I hope this tourney ends up getting Gooch a good contract. I wouldn't mind if he ended up in Turkey...there's some talk of him ending up at Galatasaray.

Now you guys can start ignoring football again :p

Nope back to my club team sucking, and watching the Gold Cup with the US in it...

Oh and laughing at Mexico's probable failure of not making the World CUp in 2010.

Now you guys can start ignoring football again :p

Never. There is a core group of very dedicated football fans here... true we all root for foreign league teams mostly, but still. We love our national team.

Never. There is a core group of very dedicated football fans here... true we all root for foreign league teams mostly, but still. We love our national team.

That's what makes me cringe about the supporters in the country..Many still cannot get behind their local MLS/USL squads to help them grow which is a shame because they support teams thousands of miles away blindly really. Supporting a local team shows your support for the national team, and the growth of the game here in general.

Have you ever been to a MLS match? In Aus we have A-League. Not the strongest but there are still good supporters and is followed solidly and now things are improving. Ive been to 4-5 a season since it was rebranded here. And support my local team.

I don't live in an MLS city or anywhere near an MLS city, so no. Tampa Bay is getting a USL-1 Franchise, and I plan on being there every home match.

I don't live in an MLS city or anywhere near an MLS city, so no. Tampa Bay is getting a USL-1 Franchise, and I plan on being there every home match.

How far away is the nearest stadium to watch a game? And have you never been to a game. What about watched a full game?

We had the World Cup play here in Orlando in 1994, but the closest quality professional team is a USL-1 team in Miami. DC United is the nearest MLS team.

We don't have much soccer in Florida other then Miami.

Like I said, Tampa Bay is getting a USL-1 team next season and I can't wait, I'm seriously pondering getting season tickets.

I live in an MLS city and I'm still debating whether to wear a Chelsea jersey or pick up a Sounders jersey for the friendly. I know for Barca I'm gonna go Sounders!

Have you ever been to a MLS match? In Aus we have A-League. Not the strongest but there are still good supporters and is followed solidly and now things are improving. Ive been to 4-5 a season since it was rebranded here. And support my local team.

SYDNEY FC FTW.

Nope back to my club team sucking, and watching the Gold Cup with the US in it...

Oh and laughing at Mexico's probable failure of not making the World CUp in 2010.

I have A LOT of friends who are pissed off about Mexico. And I love it!

We had the World Cup play here in Orlando in 1994, but the closest quality professional team is a USL-1 team in Miami. DC United is the nearest MLS team.

We don't have much soccer in Florida other then Miami.

Like I said, Tampa Bay is getting a USL-1 team next season and I can't wait, I'm seriously pondering getting season tickets.

This is why I love living in the North West in England. I have nine Premier League teams within an hours drive of me (35 miles).

Are the fans in the MLS good?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5G3pGFVLOo[/YOUTUBE]
The Chicago fans look pretty good.

Are the fans in the MLS good?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5G3pGFVLOo[/YOUTUBE]
The Chicago fans look pretty good.

Some are very good, others are kind of tame. I think it depends on the stadiums, as a few teams have soccer specific stadiums, others are playing in converted MLB/NFL stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_Chicago <-- is the Chicago fans from the video.

I live in an MLS city and I'm still debating whether to wear a Chelsea jersey or pick up a Sounders jersey for the friendly. I know for Barca I'm gonna go Sounders!

Wow...Support your local club I'm actually jealous of Seattle because their whole philosophy as a club is great. Wear a Seattle jersey go out to matches..I don't get most of you people supporting a team thousands of miles away that you probably have no connection to...

Most MLS supporters groups are quite good, although a few are very weak won't point them out. Last year I went out to LA for the Final to support my club NY it was quite a good event even though we lost had loads of fun with the rest of the NYers.

Last edited: