The FOOTball thread

Manchester United: 2008/2009 Premier League Champions!
We have equalled Liverpool's 18 league crowns and are the first English team to win a hat-trick of titles twice.

One positive about Man utd winning is that stupid liverpool fans can't claim that they've won the most first divison/premier league titles anymore.

"What ship has never dokked at Liverpool? The premiership!"

Liverpool have never won Premier league since it started in 92.

A little fact i like to point out:p

Yay Man U! Almost want to go wear my 07 Long sleeve jersey I got at Old Trafford out today in California but...it has AIG right across the middle and I feel I'd probably get lynched due to their recent history with the US financial difficulties. DAMN YOU AIG RUINING MY ABILITY TO WEAR MY SHIRT!!!

Yay Man U! Almost want to go wear my 07 Long sleeve jersey I got at Old Trafford out today in California but...it has AIG right across the middle and I feel I'd probably get lynched due to their recent history with the US financial difficulties. DAMN YOU AIG RUINING MY ABILITY TO WEAR MY SHIRT!!!

Arsenal fans don't have that problem. :D

So that's it for Sami Hyypi? and Liverpool. What I've read it was a great farewell from the fans, forming "SAMI" and the Finnish flag in the audience. Benitez is a douche for sending him out at 81. minutes and not earlier.

Fantastic player and I'm sure the fans will miss him, 10 years and over 450 matches is no small feat.

Last edited:
So that's it for Sami Hyypi? and Liverpool. What I've read it was a great farewell from the fans, forming "SAMI" and the Finnish flag in the audience. Benitez is a douche for sending him out at 81. minutes and not earlier.

Fantastic player and I'm sure the fans will miss him, 10 years and over 450 matches is no small feat.

Sami was a great player for Liverpool and the fans gave him a great send off. And, yes, Rafa could have let him have a bit longer. I hate it when the good ones go. :(

English Premier League Final Standings:

Champions Man Utd
Champions League Qualifiers
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal

------------------------------------------------------
Europa League Qualifiers
5 Everton
6 Aston Villa
7 Fulham

Mid Table survivors with nothing to show
8 Tottenham
9 West Ham
10 Man City <--World?s richest club!
11 Wigan
12 Stoke
13 Bolton
14 Portsmouth
15 Blackburn
16 Sunderland
17 Hull

Relegated
18 Newcastle
19 Middlesbrough
20 West Brom.

It?s been a great season. :cool:

Last edited:
Sami was a great player for Liverpool and the fans gave him a great send off. And, yes, Rafa could have let him have a bit longer. I hate it when the good ones go. :(

English Premier League Final Standings:

Champions Man Utd
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal

Europa League Qualifiers
5 Everton
6 Aston Villa
7 Fulham

Mid Table survivors with nothing to show
8 Tottenham
9 West Ham
10 Man City <--World?s richest club!
11 Wigan
12 Stoke
13 Bolton
14 Portsmouth
15 Blackburn
16 Sunderland
17 Hull

Relegated
18 Newcastle
19 Middlesbrough
20 West Brom.

It?s been a great season. :cool:

One of the few Finnish players to make it into the EPL with some success.

Glad Hull didnt get relegated. I thought they would do better at the start of the season when they were hovering at the pointy end but obviously fell away horribly.

2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Arsenal

Boooooring.

The FA Cup starts live from Wembley in about 20 minutes, so get your satellites dialled in guys.
The pitch looks good but it?s very hot here in London today for May, pitchside temperature is about 35C (100F) according to ITV. :blink:

Chelsea vs. Everton ? ?The Blues? vs. ?The Toffees?, Guus Hiddink?s last game for Chelsea. :)

Everton scored 25 seconds in with an Saha volley, but Drogba equalised in the 20th minute.

Last day of the French Ligue 1 tonight.

Bordeaux, currently on top of the table, have 77 points.
Olympique Marseille, currently in second, have 74.

Tonight, Bordeaux play Caen and OM play Rennes. If Bordeaux win or draw, the title is theirs - breaking an 8 year long winning streak by Marseille. If Bordeaux lose; then they need to hope OM draw or lose. In Scotland it'd be called a 'Helicopter Saturday' - the trophy needs to be in a helicopter so they know where to send it.

I am rather excited (currently in Bordeaux) - big screen set up in the main square and there'll be thousands out to watch it tonight.

Last day of the French Ligue 1 tonight.

Bordeaux, currently on top of the table, have 77 points.
Olympique Marseille, currently in second, have 74.

Tonight, Bordeaux play Caen and OM play Rennes. If Bordeaux win or draw, the title is theirs - breaking an 8 year long winning streak by Marseille. If Bordeaux lose; then they need to hope OM draw or lose. In Scotland it'd be called a 'Helicopter Saturday' - the trophy needs to be in a helicopter so they know where to send it.

I am rather excited (currently in Bordeaux) - big screen set up in the main square and there'll be thousands out to watch it tonight.
8 year streak by Lyon you mean :p. Anyway Chel$ki won the FA Cup.