USA 1-3 Italy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, 14 June 2009 Group A 1st Round
New Zealand 0-5 Spain
South Africa 0-0 Iraq
BBC Sport ? Results Detail

My Summary: Torres gets a hatrick for Spain, Brazil narrowly win, the USA get a bit bad Ref., luck and Italy find yet another young star called Rossi. :lol:

Background info on the tournament, and results to date for those people dropping in to the thread, who didn?t know it was on and were wondering what the last few posts were about. :)
(The BBC digital channel is showing it here, but you?d hardly know about it, no adverts or trails or much of anything.:()

wikipedia said:
The FIFA Confederations Cup is an association football tournament for national teams, currently held every four years. The competition is organised by FIFA. It is contested by the winners of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (CAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, AFC, OFC, CONCACAF), along with the FIFA World Cup winner and the host country, to bring the number of teams up to eight. The 2009 tournament is currently being held in South Africa.
FIFA Confederations Cup ? 2009 South Africa

Premiership fixture list announced.

Quite clearly Alex Ferguson has compiled it again. I mean, my lot have to play Manchester United both home AND away during the season. Fix!

Man did we get screwed with the red card early. Also re Giuseppe Rossi, I guess this is a bit how Ghana feels with Freddy Adu.

Rossi is Judas around here especially we hate him a lot :p

Eh Clark is somewhat stupid in these moments, but it's a good lesson for him. We gave the Crapzzuri a run for their money and we'll be ready for 2010.

Jozy Altidore= Epic I misssssssss him soo much at NY :(

Australia 2 Japan 1

Cahill scored twice. Best in Asia baby :p Only conceded one goal during the whole group qualifying stage.

Fifa Confederations Cup results

Thursday, 18 June 2009 Group B 2nd Round Matches
Egypt 1-0 Italy
USA 0-3 Brazil
Wednesday, 17 June 2009 Group A 2nd Round Matches
South Africa 2-0 New Zealand
Spain 1-0 Iraq

Summary: Comfortable results for Spain & South Africa, yesterday. Didn?t see the Brazil game, but BBC summary said it was pretty straightforward win.

Result of the tournament was the Egypt win over the World Champions, Italy.

And well deserved too, I watched the game and the Egyptians we really up for it and the Italians seemed to be "on the beach" after a long season.
Well done the Egypt-dudes.! :cool:

BBC Sport Results Detail

Australia 2 Japan 1

Cahill scored twice. Best in Asia baby :p Only conceded one goal during the whole group qualifying stage.

Good result for the Aussies! :cool:

Last edited:
USA would have won if Edu was playing.

We have a lot of things to settle on the squad..Loads of talent, but it needs to be used correctly. Basically this is our test run on who will make the squad.

Fifa Confederations Cup results

Good result for the Aussies! :cool:

Apparently there is going to be an announcement soon about a possibly friendly bewteen England and Australia in Australia.

My god I wish the US wasn't a complete disaster on the pitch all the time.:blowup:

I'm so happy!!! Only thing I hated was the staying deep at the end of the match we should have gone for a fourth.

Now for Espana hehe :D

Judas Rossi! I hope we play them in South Africa I really want us to stick it to them.

Why would Rossi play for the USA? He was born to Italian parents and hasn't lived in the US since he was 13. I know which team I would prefer to play for.
He isn't a good enough player to get wound up about anyway.