The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

http://img504.imageshack.**/img504/9782/129164047882471649.jpg

Cue the latest news headlines.....

eh...

A) Repost
B) Did the forum resize it? I've clicked the "full image" link but it's still too small to read.

Camera adds 10 pounds = expression meaning camera makes you look fatter. It's the usual C&H play on words by suggesting she actually gained 10 pounds out of eating the camera.
That I understand. But given that she doesn't want to gain 10 pounds (who would want to anyway?), why does she eat the camera? It may be a stupid question since this seems to be the only way the play with words works, but it is doesn't make any logical sense to me whatsoever and therefore seems very forced to me.

Last edited:
That I understand. But given that she doesn't want to gain 10 pounds (who would want to anyway?), why does she eat the camera? It may be a stupid question since this seems to be the only way the play with words works, but it is doesn't make any logical sense to me whatsoever and therefore seemse very forced to me.

She is looking at a picture of herself in the newspaper that was taken after she ate a camera.

Sorry, I just don't get it. :(

You know you're German when...

That I understand. But given that she doesn't want to gain 10 pounds (who would want to anyway?), why does she eat the camera? It may be a stupid question since this seems to be the only way the play with words works, but it is doesn't make any logical sense to me whatsoever and therefore seems very forced to me.

:p It's not meant to be logical, it's just a stupid little joke.

It's not meant to be logical, it's just a stupid little joke.
If one of the ways to play the words makes no sense at all, one should probably not try to make it into a joke. Playing with words for the sake of it mustn't be funny at all times.

Guys, all due respect to Herr Interceptor, but German + teetotal = missing the occasional joke.

Leave him be - he's not regarding Poland with envious eyes just yet.

And bonus points for spotting the refernence in the above sentence.

Alright, the penny has dropped. What I didn't understand was that she is holding the newspaper which is shown in the last picture. To me, it looked like in the first three pictures she is just looking at a photo of her and then eats a camera afterwards, which makes no sense.

I get the joke now. Still, it seems I am more or less incompatible to C&H.

Last edited: