The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

On Pedrocas defense, I must say Lybia and Lebannon sound very symilar in Portuguese.

Lets talk intimidation:
SEJTL.png

That doesn't make it any better.

Yeah all the balloon boy networks are bad. It gets worse when they bring in 'experts' whom have no idea what they are talking about.

To add insult to injury they spelled Gaddafi wrong.

Edit: Hm, I find it's quite common in US media. Although the dd spelling appears to be the most accepted one.

Leo would set them straight:

Last edited:
And pathetic.

@Pedrocas, stop spending all of your free time online. And read a book or few.

like a book will tell you where to find libia. i would say go watch the news! but clearly that won't work in the us <_<

like a book will tell you where to find libia. i would say go watch the news! but clearly that won't work in the us <_<

It's called an "atlas", it's what people used before Google maps and TomTom existed.

Leo would set them straight:

Why would a member of the White House staff so stuck up about the phonetic spelling of a name not realize that an Exocet Missile strike against the Lybian Air Force is a silly idea because:
1) The Exocet is an anti-ship missile.
2) That is made by France and not used by the US.

"Fiat... towing broken-down Lamborghinis since 1964."

lol! don't think ferrari would be that happy with that slogan though...although if you used their name, they wouldn't be happy either :lol:

Why would a member of the White House staff so stuck up about the phonetic spelling of a name not realize that an Exocet Missile strike against the Lybian Air Force is a silly idea because:
1) The Exocet is an anti-ship missile.
2) That is made by France and not used by the US.

1) There is a land-attack capable variant (MM40 Block 3) of the Exocet.
2) He didn't say that he recommended that the US carry lout the strike.

:p

Last edited:
1) There is a land-attack variant of the Exocet
2) He didn't say that he recommended that the US carry lout the strike.

:p

Woulden't have mattered, it's still French, first sight of the enemy that missile would have changed it's mind, dropped it's explosives and turned back. :p

They even painted it white in advance :p

AM-39missle.jpg