The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

2d6urmc.jpg

Pity that the Xzibit-TGA thread is closed.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/labcoatguy/2008/08/08/potterpic.jpg

I am so sorry.

:? I thought I was supplying the Engrish here...

You laugh...but this was in a Wisconsin version of REI, called Cabela's...Imagine a Walmart, but everything is camo, and the gun section is bigger. They have a freshwater fish aquarium, a "home" store full of chandeliers made of antlers and napkin rings made of leather. They have "plush" bearskin rugs, Jeff Foxworthy brand Jerky. They have a stuffen rhino, elephant, two lions and a zebra, and about 2-300 other "stuffed" animals.

This is a smaller version of the mountain in another store:
53065416_69b1bf080f_b.jpg

You laugh...but this was in a Wisconsin version of REI, called Cabela's...Imagine a Walmart, but everything is camo, and the gun section is bigger. They have a freshwater fish aquarium, a "home" store full of chandeliers made of antlers and napkin rings made of leather. They have "plush" bearskin rugs, Jeff Foxworthy brand Jerky. They have a stuffen rhino, elephant, two lions and a zebra, and about 2-300 other "stuffed" animals.

I've been in one of those before and before I went in I was going to hate it. About 30 seconds after I was inside it became the coolest thing at that mall. And they even had neon miniature golf.

I've been in one of those before and before I went in I was going to hate it. About 30 seconds after I was inside it became the coolest thing at that mall. And they even had neon miniature golf.

My girlfriend said "This is the greatest thing...not just store...thing...in the history of everything, ever."

Oh believe me, I've heard of Cabela's. My friend's an avid outdoor nut and subscribes to their catalogs, and gave me their most recent one because he was done with it. Holy hell, it's the dimensions of a Trapper Keeper and about 2" thick, hardcover. A veritable Bible of outdoors mayhem. :?

In upstate New York we have commercials for Bass Pro Shops, which from what I take it are the same deal. We only have one in CT for all of New England, so I've never been.

^If you attempt to blind a pilot by lasering their eyes then you fucking deserve a $30k fine and some jail time.

Assuming that everybody in Oz who has a laser is a terrorist who wants to take down planes? :blink: Besides, the pictured laser is barely enough to get across a well-lit room.

The ban only applies to lasers above a certain strength, and legitimate users can apply for an exemption.

That strength being 1mW (that's milliwatt). The limit is excessively low, something like 5mW would be better. And what if you just like lasers, are a good-natured person, and wanted to do some optics or star pointing or something? I don't think the government will take "laser hobbyist" as a legitimate use. -_-

HEY WE HERD YOU LIKE CARS SO WE PUT A CAR IN YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN DRIVE WHILE YOU DRIVE

:rofl:

After this:

So, for people who aren't in IRC and have never met Icebone:

I posted a link to this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2008/08/09/121821599898.jpg

[19:40] <+D-Fence> that minigun is nice
[19:41] <+IceWipeOut> right number of barrels?
[19:41] <+D-Fence> only you could ask such a question
[19:44] <+IceWipeOut> 6 barrels per heavy! :mad:
[19:44] <+D-Fence> oh jesus ice
[19:44] <+D-Fence> your life must be pathetic
[19:44] <+D-Fence> :D
[19:44] <+IceWipeOut> i'm a perfectionist
[19:44] <+Luca> lawl
[19:45] <@swek> He sometimes reminds me of comic book guy.
[19:45] <@swek> :D
[19:45] <+D-Fence> sometimes?
[19:45] <+D-Fence> ???????????
[19:45] <@MXM> haha
[19:45] <@MXM> that's a great analogy
[19:45] <+D-Fence> gimme a second
[19:45] <@MXM> now I'm gonna picrure a comic book guy everytime ice speaks
[19:45] <Serajadeyn> IceWipeOut, realisitically though, should only be 4. the 6-barrel units are 20mm vulcans which are mounted to a PLANE
[19:45] <Serajadeyn> :p
[19:46] <@swek> Worst fan made costume EVER!

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2008/08/09/cbgice.jpg

As if you didn't see it coming ice...

I love Cabelas.

In upstate New York we have commercials for Bass Pro Shops, which from what I take it are the same deal. We only have one in CT for all of New England, so I've never been.

I do have a Bass Pro Shops store in a mall near where I live. And can I say, holly crap, that place is awesome. Well, it's not their biggest shop, so no indoor minigolf course, but the aquarium, the waterfall, the stuffed animals, practice shooting ranges ... very awesome. Now that's what I call an outdoors store ... it really looks like the outdoors.

I've been there! That's the Cabela's in Utah.

Edit: Oops. No it's not. The fishtank is on the wrong side of the store. It looks very similar though. Awesome store, in any case!

Last edited:
I was told the Utah store was the largest of the Cabela's stores. Apparently our region consistently ordered more from their catalogs than other areas did so they rewarded us with a flagship store.