The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
^ Agreed. Or "I think I may have overcooked that a bit". Soon to be followed by "That's not gone well."

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
I thought his death caused the crash, not the other way around.

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Wow, I was just checking the NBC olympics site when I noticed this

:eek:

Lupin_IV

Car(s)
'84 Pontiac Parisienne, '93 Chevy Caprice
I thought his death caused the crash, not the other way around.
The on track events leading to his death were Sterling Marlin getting into his left rear causing the car to slide, followed by his steering to the right in an attempt to correct it. The car was in a drift for a second or two before the rear tires gained grip causing the car to turn right too fast to avoid hitting the wall.
From that point on, the details get a bit sketchy. I believe the official statement released by NASCAR was something to the effect of the force during impact caused severe brain trauma which rendered him immediately unconscious and led to his death in the hospital several hours later. But, this is the France family we're dealing with, so he could have very well been completely dead before the car stopped moving and they just sent the body to a hospital to make the story sound better.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
That would make sense, NASCAR doesn't want to say that someone died on the track.

The impact sounds like a basal skull fracture, was he wearing a HANS device?

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
That would make sense, NASCAR doesn't want to say that someone died on the track.

The impact sounds like a basal skull fracture, was he wearing a HANS device?
It's my understanding that Earnhardt's accident led to the HANS being implemented in so many different motorsports.

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E
It's my understanding that Earnhardt's accident led to the HANS being implemented in so many different motorsports.
Yep that is what happened. His seat belt also was said to be ripped which could have also been the cause of his death. But the main was of trauma suffered to his brain though it moving around in his skull and smashing the front because of the intense forces on his neck and head.