The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

Brother Michael

Car(s)
-02 BMW 530d Touring M-Sport
Allright....let's do a little test.

Two of the squares are "Red Reinvented" and two are "Cherry Desirable". Can you spot which is which ? I also think the whole "human eye can't spot the difference" is rubbish so now we'll see.

jmsprovan

Two of the squares are "Red Reinvented" and two are "Cherry Desirable". Can you spot which is which ? I also think the whole "human eye can't spot the difference" is rubbish so now we'll see.
Top left and bottom right are the cherry one.

Last edited:

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'77 Triumph Dolomite 1300 + '83 Triumph Acclaim
^^ Really?
So can I... and I'm partialy colourblind... :lol:

I think the two colours are different... uselessly different, but different all the same.
In the 1st pic where the two are compared its hard to tell, you'd have to move one block partialy over the other to see a difference.

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
You know that you're looking at an sRGB image, not a Lab image... with an uncalibrated monitor. You can crank up the contrast as much as you want.

Soup?

Car(s)
Jailbait Ford is Dead! Adjusting to pedestrianism.
I direct your attention to the thread title.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
You know that you're looking at an sRGB image, not a Lab image... with an uncalibrated monitor. You can crank up the contrast as much as you want.
Thank you. There is no way the monitor I'm using is more accurate than the human eye. I can see a difference with what is on screen, but those can't be the actual colors.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
I'm sorry, I thought this was the Funny Picture Thread, not the 3rd annual PANTONE Color Imaging Convention at the Airport Marriott in Schenectady, NY.

Last edited:

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
That's so mathematically geeky, I love it. :lol:

Which reminds me of a little video (in Romanian) on a similar subject, where the bodyguards at the entry in a club don't allow people in unless they answer a Maths-related question. Two guys get it right, then a blonde comes along and she's asked "what's the square root of 4?" She says "6", bodyguards look at her and say "Close enough... get in." Then a more geeky-looking guy walks in, and what do they ask him? Lagrange's mean value theorem. He starts saying it, gets it right almost all the way, but then... f(b)-f(a)/(b-a) = f(c). The bodyguards ask him to say that bit again, he still says it.

One of the bodyguards says "You idiot, it's f'(c)!" and picks him up and throws him out of the club.

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
a) you guys need to calibrate your monitors
b) fuck off with your perfect colour vision :cry:

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE

Oh, I think I got the answer.

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
Is it Denmark? :p
I?ll get my coat.