The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

:shakefist: That first one infringes copyright and I shall be consulting my lawyers!

I was out xmas shopping this morning and spotted this fantastic deal!
I wonder if that isn't actually done to make price comparisons easier for the retarded. You know, those that can't divide 20 by 2 to compare it to the normal price of one movie.

I've never seen anything quite like that before, but when I worked retail, we'd always change the prices so they appear better if we wanted to shift a lot of a particular product. One example I can remember is; we sold something for 50 cents, changed the tags to read 4 for $2.

I wonder if that isn't actually done to make price comparisons easier for the retarded. You know, those that can't divide 20 by 2 to compare it to the normal price of one movie.

I've never seen anything quite like that before, but when I worked retail, we'd always change the prices so they appear better if we wanted to shift a lot of a particular product. One example I can remember is; we sold something for 50 cents, changed the tags to read 4 for $2.

I thought I must have misread it when I first saw it because I thought "They couldn't have been that stupid could they?"

It turned out they had been. :lol:

I was out xmas shopping this morning and spotted this fantastic deal!

There's a regional grocery chain I frequent that does this because, unless the tag says so, it is illegal here to not sell any lower quantity in the "X for Y" deal for the equivalent unit price.

Example: A product is normally marked as $15, but for a sale they advertise 2 for $20. Unless the tag/ad specifically states that the deal price is only valid if two products are purchased, the store must charge only $10 per product regardless of whether the consumer buys 1 or 2. They cannot charge $15/each if one person buys 1 and $10/each if another buys 2. So they mark the tags with the equivalent per-unit price to make 1-to-1 comparisons for the people looking to buy just 1 easier.

You can rightfully argue that 2 for $20 is easy division, but the more common deals are 4 for $11, 3 for $7, 6 for $21.50, etc etc.

Meanwhile in London, a naked man on a statue causes the city to stop functioning for two hours as the concept was just too bewildering for british minds to cope with.

Last edited:
He had a knife and was suffering a psychotic episode. The area was cordoned off in case he was a danger to himself or the general public.

Although given the ones I bump into the general public could do with some regular culling.

That looks uncomfortable.

Why are the crazy people ALWAYS naked? :lol:

They're not, but only the naked ones get properly noticed. You've no idea how many fully clothed maniacs there are.

Meanwhile in London, a naked man on a statue causes the city to stop functioning for two hours as the concept was just too bewildering for british minds to cope with.

If they just gave British cops rifles the problem would have been solved in 5 minutes including clean up.