The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

In grade school thats exactly the type of Macintosh we used. Crzy old skool.
I remember using ones like that too. Ah those were the days! Killing time with Oregon Trail on huge disks and not having to worry about exceeding bandwidth. :p

I remember using ones like that too. Ah those were the days! Killing time with Oregon Trail on huge disks and not having to worry about exceeding bandwidth. :p

Someone's very nostalgic, lol. Macintosh's were awesome however, I much prefer today's computers. :lol:

My elementary school never had any Macs.. apparently, they didn't think they would "catch on" too well. Tell that to all the graphic artists and web designers, the majority of them use a Mac. :p

Come to think of it, my elementary school was even late to adapt newer versions of Windows.. conservative Catholics. Was quite chuffed to finally get out of there. Catholicism only managed to waste a few years of my life, but they were rather important years.:thumbsdown:

Yes, I'm bitter about Catholics.

I know what you mean, albeit with a different kind of personal experience. I had two roomates during my freshman year at college who were both big into religion. One was Catholic, the other some other type of Christianity (I can't remember which branch now). Anyway they would sit and talk for hours on end about it and how they differed and so on. It was somewhat annoying for someone who isn't into that sort of thing even though I'm a firm believer of believing in what you believe in. Thinking back on it I should have grabbed my books, walked to the door, and said "have fun with your trivial little talk, I'm going to the library to write this paper on evolution". That would have been fun! :p

^^You can be Christian and believe in evolution.

Though I don't think it is possible to be atheist and believe in creationism.

We had Acorns!

Christmas%202003104.jpg

It had a game on it called Badger Run that was amazing. I was the only one who worked out that you had to find a foxes den to sleep in to get maximum points.

I saw one of those a few weeks ago. I didn't like how it fit my hand and the buttons are in odd places. While it looks 1337, it would be crap to use daily (at least for me).

My elementary school never had any Macs.. apparently, they didn't think they would "catch on" too well. Tell that to all the graphic artists and web designers, the majority of them use a Mac. :p

Come to think of it, my elementary school was even late to adapt newer versions of Windows.. conservative Catholics. Was quite chuffed to finally get out of there. Catholicism only managed to waste a few years of my life, but they were rather important years.:thumbsdown:

Yes, I'm bitter about Catholics.

I know what you mean, albeit with a different kind of personal experience. I had two roomates during my freshman year at college who were both big into religion. One was Catholic, the other some other type of Christianity (I can't remember which branch now). Anyway they would sit and talk for hours on end about it and how they differed and so on. It was somewhat annoying for someone who isn't into that sort of thing even though I'm a firm believer of believing in what you believe in. Thinking back on it I should have grabbed my books, walked to the door, and said "have fun with your trivial little talk, I'm going to the library to write this paper on evolution". That would have been fun! :p

Oh good. I'm glad it wasn't just me that had a shitty Catholic Primary school experience. I lost all respect for that education system when I was in about 7th grade. I fervently remember this, my teacher asked us where heaven is? Now every year prior to this we were told that heaven is above space (I know... now that I'm at the age of reason, that just sounds preposterous, but I was like 8 so piss off.). So i answered the teacher with "above space", she said "No". Then sound of a thousand puppy-bearing trains crashing into a thousand exploding orphanages was heard in my head. She told us that "Heaven is all around us". No.... sorry, it's not. There is no way that could be true, even at 8 years old, I knew that was rubbish.

Then about a year later I found out she lived in a purple house. How much common sense and rational thinking could a person that lives in a purple house have?

Hope this isn't a repost

That's awesome.:lol:

^ Thats already been posted on this forum a couple of days ago.

I saw one of those a few weeks ago. I didn't like how it fit my hand and the buttons are in odd places. While it looks 1337, it would be crap to use daily (at least for me).

I actually owned an expensive mouse like that,
and all it really did was annoy me because no matter what I did,
I seemed to press some button which did something, or at least made
a click and distract me.

It's large size didn't help anything.

^ Thats already been posted on this forum a couple of days ago.

Hey, keep it down I'm ...uh... watching Futurama.

And thus a new euphemism was born!