The General Accessories Thread

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
So we've got threads for wallpapers, apps, and the major smartphone/tablet platforms, but how about one for accessories? Chargers, cases, BT headsets, etc.

To get the ball rolling, I'm looking for a new universal car mount for my Galaxy Nexus, since the one I bought last year for $7 broke. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I am thinking of getting a Bluetooth keyboard for my tablet. I have looked at a few and was not impressed (although, one came with a neat case that held both the tablet and KB @$70 :eek: ).

It is a Xoom tablet if that makes a difference...

Well I guess I'll recommend Anker chargers and cables, I have their AC and DC adapters with iQ, many cables, and a couple of Astro battery packs. They work very well compared to the Amazon Basics, Kensington, Belkin, and phone/carrier branded stuff I've tried. They seem to use high quality cells in the battery packs that have better capacity than most, and maintain cycle life over the years.

The chargers seem to charge all of the devices I've tested as fast as they can, they charge my Nexus 7 faster than the original charger. They're also the only ones that will charge my tablet and phone while running games like Ingress. When I borrow other chargers from friends they seem to maintain my device charge at best, sometimes just slowing down the drain.

Of all the case types I'm a firm supporter of aluminium bumpers. Had one on my previous phone and on the current one. Makes it easier to hold, as they usually have sharper edges and will protect the edges from fall damage.

Also, I think they look very stylish.

3BxpWR2.jpg

o5xvQaR.jpg

14-geardiary-DRACO-HYDRA-Aluminum-Bumper-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-013.jpg

There are knock offs on ebay, but I suggest getting something more expensive as you can be sure it'll be properly made. Draco Design or Devilcase.

Seriously we never see stuff like this over here

euoKlY9.jpg

In other news, loving my Mi Band and got a colleague to get one for himself.

I've tried both versions of the Apple case for the 6: Leather and Silicone.

xu8aCXt.jpg

eGoPClk.jpg

The leather one lasted a year before it started getting too worn and ugly for my taste. I guess it doesn't help that I sometimes carry it in the same pocket as screws and nails and gravel and stuff. It also collected moisture when you spend any decent amount of time in the rain, so it became all sticky and icky. That's the reason why I replaced it with a silicone case. The silicone case is slippery, it just slips more slowly in your hand. :lol: It's also a PITA to shove into a tight pocket. Fit and finish is impeccable on both versions of the case, no complaints there.

I'm now using a really thin and really cheap plastic case. The back is exactly as thick as needed to clear the protruding camera lens and has simple cutouts for the side buttons. It'll probably crack soon but I'll just buy another one if that happens.

I would probably go caseless, but the aluminium has negative friction.

Last edited:
i bought a chromecast 2.0!!

fuck smart TVs, casting is the way to go!