The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I wasn't teasing blind! I was mocking his better half's car And he summoned you upon me, the evil bastard!
And no i don't flirt with you! Never ever! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! You have no proof!!

On a side note: I had a very warm and comforting mud-bath today.

I was teasing blind! I was mocking his better half's car And he summoned you upon me, the evil bastard!
And i flirt with you! All the time! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! You have no proof!!

On a side note: I had a very warm and comforting mud-bath today touching myself to pictures of kat.

:p:lol::p:lol:

Since my accident and due to nerve damage sustained, i have drop foot on my right foot and thus can't change gears.

Right foot = brake. No?

Sorry, I've never driven an auto bike, closest I've been is a CT110.

Random question; who here, when coming to a stop, changes down to first before flicking it back up to neutral and who drops it into neutral from second while still moving?

Sorry.. Clearly need to revise my left from my right. That one! *Points*

--

I used to often knock down from second. Nothing wrong with doing that, won't hurt it.

I have no problem with that on my NTV, but the Daelim I had has next to no feel in the gear change so it could get a bit loud from time to time.
On another note I had problems getting from 1st to 2nd while hasty driving, resulting in a loud engine but no acceleration. That is annoying. Especially if you are prepared for the shift and nearly kiss the dials.

Last edited:
Thanks for your opinions you three! They are much appreciated.

I have heard nothing but good things about Mana's too to be honest. The urge to test ride one is becoming more and more prominent the more i hear about it. I will still bare consideration to other auto's and see what comes about.

I think i WILL have to go have a test ride. I just hope i don't bin the thing through lack of confidence seeing as the last time i was on a motorbike i departed via helicopter.

I'll also add a "scooter" styled bike, Yamaha TMax. Its a 500c parallel twin which is enough for 110mph. It handles like a sport-tourer bike with the engine mounted in the frame and proper forks and mono rear shocks. I'm already on my 2nd one.

http://www.dieselbike.net/

Diesel motorcycles.

Seems interesting to me- I would own one if it met the right criteria (if it was a diesel it would have to be utilitarian in my opinion, so aircooling and simplicity would be nice). I wonder though how many bikes would need a total redesign due to the added weight of diesels?

I used to often knock down from second. Nothing wrong with doing that, won't hurt it.

My first bike was vintage so often it was hard to grab neutral from first while stopped, that's what got me in the habit. I was wondering if I was the only one who did it.

http://www.dieselbike.net/

Diesel motorcycles.

Seems interesting to me- I would own one if it met the right criteria (if it was a diesel it would have to be utilitarian in my opinion, so aircooling and simplicity would be nice). I wonder though how many bikes would need a total redesign due to the added weight of diesels?

Enfield make a diesel. I think that's about as utilitarian as you can get.

What happened to that military diesel Kwak 650?

What happened to that military diesel Kwak 650?

It's used by the USMC, but I don't think you can get one as a civilian. :(
The U.S. Marine Corps bought 440 of the M1030M1 model, under the name 'M1030M1 JP8/Diesel'. The M1030M1E AVTUR/Diesel Military motorcycle is sold to British and European NATO countries. A version made for the civilian market, the D650A1 "Bulldog," was originally slated for release in March 2006, but due to increased military demand for the M1030M1, production of the civilian Bulldog has been delayed indefinitely.
Also:
http://www.hdtusa.com/vehicle-m1030-m2.php

I finally got around to getting new mirrors for my Honda and my gosh what a difference they made! Besides making the bike look better I can now see what's behind me. It's fantastic.

Also it turns out the bike is capable of lifting the front wheel off the ground. I, erm, looked it up on Google. :shifty:

Also it turns out the bike is capable of lifting the front wheel off the ground. I, erm, looked it up on Google. :shifty:

Well, it's better you found out on google than trying to find out yourself. Your fork seals will appreciate it.

^Hehe, so will your chain KaJun! ;)

It was very funny the other day - it started with Blind offering to ride Tigger (the Ninjette) up to his Mum's house for me (since she awesomely offered to put up my bike up for the winter).

So, Tigger has what, maybe 25-30 hp with its age at sea level? Now, combined with the altitude, that little guy's already not doing too well in the power department. Add a dash of a 6'4" man, and voila, you have a very interesting, erm, ride. You might even call it underpowered...

Okay, so picture it. Just picture it. He's wearing a yellow BMW touring suit, race gloves and boots, and his helmet. On a Ninja 250. Can you say an orange and toothpick? Anybody?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say, thanks hon! I don't think I want to put you in that situation again, but I really really appreciate it. :)

From my experience: All bikes are capable of gettings it's front wheel up.. ;)

^Hehe, so will your chain KaJun! ;)

It was very funny the other day - it started with Blind offering to ride Tigger (the Ninjette) up to his Mum's house for me (since she awesomely offered to put up my bike up for the winter).

So, Tigger has what, maybe 25-30 hp with its age at sea level? Now, combined with the altitude, that little guy's already not doing too well in the power department. Add a dash of a 6'4" man, and voila, you have a very interesting, erm, ride. You might even call it underpowered...

Okay, so picture it. Just picture it. He's wearing a yellow BMW touring suit, race gloves and boots, and his helmet. On a Ninja 250. Can you say an orange and toothpick? Anybody?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say, thanks hon! I don't think I want to put you in that situation again, but I really really appreciate it. :)

I know the feeling. I am 6'2" and had to take the riding course to get my license (15 hours).
On a CG125.
:lol:

I'm looking for a bit of advice on a few issues with the Beemer, firstly, the headlight.
This is what it looks like, I don't know what it's supposed to look like, but to me that looks really cloudy. I guess a refurbish might be in order, anyone got tips how to go about doing that or what to use?

Secondly, both mirrors are cracked around the edges like that.
I've been thinking, shouldn't it be possible to remove the old glass and put some new mirror glass in there? Although I'm not sure if that's really viable in terms of cost and effort.
So the other option is just to replace the whole mirrors, but I'm not sure how common mirrors are that would fit, a quick look through a parts catalogue didn't bring anything to my eye. This is what the assembly looks like: 1 2 3
The thread seems to be 18mm in diameter.

I'm grateful for any tips. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know the feeling. I am 6'2" and had to take the riding course to get my license (15 hours).
On a CG125.
:lol:

Owww! :lol:

And those are some pretty good ideas for standard aftermarket pieces!

Oh, if you end up wanting to replace your mirrors with OEM parts (or if you need any other OEM stuff), check out http://www.bikebandit.com/1997-bmw-motorcycle-f650st/o/m21 . Bikebandit tends to have a lot of things, but the prices makes up in terms of convenience...