The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Not possible, I have a Honda.

If missing the point were an Olympic sport we'd have a few medalists right here, so let me clarify...

Everything I've said applies equally to Harley riders who rip on non-Harley riders. (and motorcyclists who rip on scooter riders, Kensuke ;)).

Try replacing the I hate them because they hate me mindset with a live and let live mindset. :) Try being the bigger man, figuratively, of course. If they don't want to join your group of "motorcyclists" they don't have to, there's no need to get your panties bunched. If some of them don't wave at you :cry:, just remember they need both hands firmly on the bars at all times if they are going to have any hope of controlling that lump. If they want an "inferior" product just because they like it, it's their choice... if Captain_70's wants an Enfield when an Estrella is the "superior" bike and looks pretty much the same, that's his business.

But yeah, I don't deal with a lot of Harley riders, I know 2 in Tokyo. One is a chick and the other is an artist, both very friendly and cool people so maybe I'm just lucky?

If I'm reading this correctly...

Something along the lines make you a bigoted opinionist. Go figure.

Advocating not judging someone based on their personal preferences makes me a bigot and...
Not having strong opinions on HD and their riders makes me opinionated.

:?

Last edited:
If missing the point were an Olympic sport we'd have a few medalists right here, so let me clarify...

Everything I've said applies equally to Harley riders who rip on non-Harley riders. (and motorcyclists who rip on scooter riders, Kensuke ;)).

Scooters rock!

Try replacing the I hate them because they hate me mindset with a live and let live mindset. :) Try being the bigger man, figuratively, of course. If they don't want to join your group of "motorcyclists" they don't have to, there's no need to get your panties bunched. If some of them don't wave at you :cry:, just remember they need both hands firmly on the bars at all times if they are going to have any hope of controlling that lump. If they want an "inferior" product just because they like it, it's their choice... if Captain_70's wants an Enfield when an Estrella is the "superior" bike and looks pretty much the same, that's his business.

I used to have that attitude, right until I had several encounters with insulting, belligerent, disrespectful, and often aggressive Harley owners. My problem with Harley owners is through direct, personal experience. I started out with a "live and let live, we all ride" attitude, but that has been eroded over the course of repeated interactions with Harley owners.

But yeah, I don't deal with a lot of Harley riders, I know 2 in Tokyo. One is a chick and the other is an artist, both very friendly and cool people so maybe I'm just lucky?

You are lucky. You also might bother to listen to someone with a few years of personal experience with Harley owners here in the US.

There are two kinds of Harley owners, the aggressive "1%ers" who make up the outlaw motorcycle clubs, and the dentists and accountants who buy Harleys so they can trailer them to bike week and ride around pretending to be bad asses for a week. Both of these groups aggressively defend Harley as the "superior all-American motorcycle" when it is neither "superior" nor "all-American."

Hell, the last guy who got after me for riding an import was driving a rebadged Opal, most the dentist and accountant crowd have a Lexus or Mercedes in the driveway next to their "all-American" machine.

Harley is a cult of bullshit.

I saw a Triumph at the pizza place yesterday, it made me happy.

i challenge you not to laugh!

[video=youtube;GLXvae18-ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXvae18-ek&feature=youtu.be[/video]

They wanted to go for a spin. :drums:

i challenge you not to laugh!

[video=youtube;GLXvae18-ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXvae18-ek&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I normally find it hard to laugh at the misfortune of others, but that has to be the most hilarious motorcycle crash in history. No apparent injuries, and something about the effort and angry hand-flailing of yellow-helmet man makes this video unbelievably funny!

The video needs to be Benny Hilled at the appropriate spot, then it would be epic.

The video needs to be Benny Hilled at the appropriate spot, then it would be epic.

I just tried that by layering the music over the video, and yes it is indeed epic. :mrgreen:

Edit: Thanks to someone on Youtube, it is officially so.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that this morning... it made my day. :lol:

The article is misleading too, he says that "some" states don't require insurance on motorcycles - what he doesn't tell you is that "some" means "two" and one of those is Florida.

A politician giving misleading info? Who would of thought.

This guy is just trying to look tough against those that are seen as reckless while appeasing the old folks and anti motorcycle groups.

You know what that article makes a point, it is totally unfair motorcycles are legal and cars need to have air bags.

How dare the government force that shit on cars. People should have the right to choose to NOT have airbags because some of us are short and don't want our faces smashed in by a device that is supposed to be for our safety. You can choose to be a dumbass and not wear gear on a bike, you should be able to at least disable the stupid airbags but I can't do that and pass inspection. :|