The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Might as well. Makes it that much easier to ridicule a bike once you've ridden it. :lol:

But what if I actually like it? :<

Then we can't help you. :p

I rented one in Colorado back in 2012. I wanted to like it, because I had a fairly epic 300 mile loop through both mountains and desert canyons, but it just didn't push my buttons.

IMG_1015-X2.jpg

Last edited:
If you win it, you can sell it. So you can buy a real bike, with proper brakes.

My brother's friend won a Harley in a raffle. To accept the prize he had to promise not to sell it for a certain period of time and was told that they do check the classifieds regularly to make sure the bike isn't listed.

Well as long as he doesn't go for the full Harley lifestyle...

Don't be silly. You're wearing a helmet and protective riding gear; and I *know* you weren't wearing the Harley Davidson cologne or the Harley Davidson undergarments. The bags aren't fringed leather for pete's sake. :p

Last edited:
Ha well if you do then their little PR stunt gained a convert.

They're really not bad bikes anymore. At least not as bad as they used to be. Problem is their competition kills them in pretty much every category.

There's a few out there I'd actually pay money for. My kid brother has an older Evo Sportster 1200 that's had some engine work done. IIRC it's more like 1450cc/89ci now.

Very bare bones bike. My dad and uncles call it a 'barhopper' :rolleyes: . I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a fucking riot to blast around town on. Once you accept the shitty brakes and ass-backwards suspension.

Don't be silly. You're wearing a helmet and protective riding gear; and I *know* you weren't wearing the Harley Davidson cologne or the Harley Davidson undergarments. The bags aren't fringed leather for pete's sake. :p

They how do you explain how I got this bag?

i-PBJ3gzV-X2.jpg

:whistle:

I believe your doctor can prescribe some anti-fungals for that.
Most Harley fans would probably have to skip straight to the steroids.

Ha well if you do then their little PR stunt gained a convert.

Well, he is very susceptible to such things.

So it's better to prevent it while you can.

Just bought these NOS leather panniers for the Gutsy. Been looking for a luggage solution ever since I bought the damn bike.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I'd like to find someone in Texas who can custom fab some brackets out of thin aluminum tubing for cheap. Kinda like what this guy did.

Last edited:
The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Thin aluminum tubing won't be strong enough. Pretty much everyone back then used steel rods bent into whatever shape needed to make the frame and then chromed the result. Case in point: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131602322225

Harley still does their soft bag frames like this as do many cruisers.

Just so you know what you're getting into, you do know that leather bags like those degrade pretty badly after a few years of use, right? This is why they fell out of favor with everyone but the cruiser crowd (and even then a lot of those guys gave up on leather bags as well.)

- - - Updated - - -

If you just want side racks to put cruiser-style bags like these on the V7, Hepco & Becker makes some:
http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/hepco-becker-650-540-side-carrier-v-7.html

hepco-becker-650-540-side-carrier-v-7-image1.jpg

Top rack is apparently not required.

Last edited:
There's a set of Moto Guzzi racks on eBay right now that are OEM and are $180, shipped from UK. I'm waiting for these to arrive to see if they'll work.

Maybe I can get the leather treated and waxed so they'll hold up better. Thanks for the heads up.

Biggest problem is those oh-so-slim-and-fashionable straps. They're simply not large or sturdy enough to hold up long.

Maybe I can get the leather treated and waxed so they'll hold up better. Thanks for the heads up.

Ask Handz, he should know what to do.