The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I gotta say, that's way cheaper.

Yeah, its way cheaper because look how small the sizes are.

Contents: Saddle Soap, 2oz, Leather Salve, 2oz, Leather Oil, 5oz, Boot Wax, 2oz, Flannel Buffing Cloth.

11oz of Product total. The products i posted are designed for automobiles and motorcycles, thus are full 16oz bottles. Thats like comparing a big huge steak and a tiny taco.

I was assuming since you ride a moto guzzi that you were looking for the best.

I can beat that price anyways and give you more product. here is the same stuff i posted in 4oz bottles.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Leather_Care_Kit_4_oz_2_Pack_p/spi_109_04.htm
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Leather_Serum_4_oz_p/spi_111_04.htm

I kinda like to think I know a few things about caring for leather (or anything with wheels).

Last edited:
Just got the bike back from the shop.

The loud noise wasn't the valves but was clutch chatter. The tech adjusted the cable at both ends. The motor is very robust, he said, and the valves are ok and shouldn't need to be checked at the moment. Topped off the oil and took it for a test ride and gave the bike a clean bill of health.

It's been real fun to get back on the bike and ride. And it is running smoothly, or at least as smoothly as an Italian paint shaker should be. Suck my dick, Handz.

I already have! Been ordering parts from there ever since I got the bike.

They've been really responsive, even when they're supposed to be closed, and they treated me pretty well this time. I can see how they earned their Yelp stars. Which is refreshing, considering the Guzzi dealers in LA sucked ass.

Glad to hear the Guzzi is giving you joy. :)

I already have! Been ordering parts from there ever since I got the bike.

They've been really responsive, even when they're supposed to be closed, and they treated me pretty well this time. I can see how they earned their Yelp stars. Which is refreshing, considering the Guzzi dealers in LA sucked ass.

It's not just the Guzzi dealers in LA that suck ass...

Bike is back in the shop. Italy! Italy! Italy!

Lets talk about motorcycle security while traveling.
I am going to be taking my WR250X on a few trips. One of them to a major CA city. I will be taking the motorcycle to San Francisco in the coming months to ride around the city. I am worried about the bike getting stolen while at the hotel. I tried finding a hotel in SF that I could park the bike inside the room, but in SF, this isn?t able to be found. I probably be staying at a hotel with paid underground parking.
I can either leave the bike parked in the truck bed overnight or chain it to a pole, or even chain the bike to the truck. I have purchased a Kryptonite chain and lock. What do you guys think about bike security while traveling?

So, fire, smoke, part disintegration, part fell off, what?

Nothing fell off, the starter did start smoking though. As soon as the bike was in gear it started revving up and the clutch seemed to do noting. I checked the clutch cable, no problem with it. Neutral, no issue. It got to the point where it kept hitting the starter over again and again by itself when in gear (this is where the smoke entered the picture). The truly fun part was that the kill switch didn't kill it. This was at the end of a two hour ride. So back in the shop, once I return from DC it will hopefully be in a working state.

Nothing fell off, the starter did start smoking though. As soon as the bike was in gear it started revving up and the clutch seemed to do noting. I checked the clutch cable, no problem with it. Neutral, no issue. It got to the point where it kept hitting the starter over again and again by itself when in gear (this is where the smoke entered the picture). The truly fun part was that the kill switch didn't kill it. This was at the end of a two hour ride. So back in the shop, once I return from DC it will hopefully be in a working state.

Weren't you just posting something about how reliable Italian bikes are? :p

Well, he said after a two hour ride, not in the middle of.. :p

Also, to add some content, more loaners for me. Next week I'll get to test out how small enduro bike would suit me, as co-worker is lending me his 125cc toy.

Last edited:
Couple of 919's over at CrazyJeeper's place tonight, after he and Der Stig got back from a short run to the Austin area to ride the Hill Country - with BlaRo making a cameo appearance.

THEY'RE GATHERING... :D

That's a really small grill...

Today was the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in which I got to lead the pack of the local chapter.
My weapon of choice was a Bonneville T100 provided by my dealer (and sponsor of the event)

5OszuHd.jpg

Lot's of other nice bikes around though:

aUOs7MA.jpg

swtaWoe.jpg

q4175tB.jpg

Like a Sir

l4aI7EM.jpg

Marking its territory

JCZKO7k.jpg

Full Album