The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

930 euros. Tempting...

DSC_0186.jpg

And it's mine now. I hope I did the right thing.

Thanks, the owner of that bike owns now... VFR 800. ;)

Finally got the bike how I like it. Raised back up to stock height, sticky road tires, motard raised pegs, and seat concepts seat. My clutch is starting to slip so the replacement is on the way.

12310089_10153944123048109_6015903139105958132_o.jpg

Finally got the bike how I like it. Raised back up to stock height, sticky road tires, motard raised pegs, and seat concepts seat. My clutch is starting to slip so the replacement is on the way.

12310089_10153944123048109_6015903139105958132_o.jpg

Looks great!

Local community college here offers a certificate in motorcycle repair. I'm thinking of getting it. Two semesters, three courses each. It's cheap, too.

Plus, I found out that Lady BlaRo would get a bike, but only if it's vintage. So this course can't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

I found out this exists.

Honda_PC_800.jpg

It's the '80s on a bike, it has a dash from a Civic. I must find it, import it, use it as my first bike, cry buckets if I drop it or someone scratches it. It's amazing, how come nobody tells me this things!

Come on down to Austin, here's one with 48,000 miles.

I liked the Ignition concept a little more. Except for the funky 2-into-1 exhaust and some of the shiny shit on it.

The Combustion looks more like a production bike though. Looks like something Victory could start cranking out tomorrow. I just wish they'd release some fucking specs and a target price already.

I can see melting my pants or severely burning myself on that exhaust.

Yeah, but it looks good and sounds glorious. Fuck your skin! :lol:

Test rode a Super Tenere.....Now I want one and am trying to talk myself out of it.

Dammit, just yesterday I was trying to find the photo I had of the VFR in that spot from that trip. Kiki has several of me with the bike, but I was trying to find the one of just the bike by itself.

Deciding on a new motorcycle.....Its down to a Super Tenere or a Ducati Hypermotard SP.

Shhh, don't talk during the Handz show.

I think the VFR's rectifier is toast, bike has left me stranded twice now and I'm getting a voltage reading of 12.3VDC across the battery terminals with the bike at idle and 12.68 VDC @ ~6000 rpm.

The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I think the VFR's rectifier is toast, bike has left me stranded twice now and I'm getting a voltage reading of 12.3VDC across the battery terminals with the bike at idle and 12.68 VDC @ ~6000 rpm.

Yup, that's basically running off the battery with only a tiny trickle coming through the regulator/rectifier. Time for one of the improved aftermarket ones or a Yamaha one (said unit being developed after Yamaha got burned by the same supplier that burned all the other Big Four at around the same time.)