The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I think the VFR's rectifier is toast, bike has left me stranded twice now and I'm getting a voltage reading of 12.3VDC across the battery terminals with the bike at idle and 12.68 VDC @ ~6000 rpm.

That's the weakest part of the bike, I know the PO replaced it and he gave me a spare. Check out the VFRness. I'd post links, but I'm on mobile right now.

Also, Handz: search YouTube for a video of the Super Tenere with a Ducati ST3 Akrapovi? pipe :evil:

The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

That's a weakness of pretty much every mid to late 90s Japanese bike - a supplier sold them a bill of goods in the form of a 'miniature' regulator/rectifier that didn't last like it should.

Check the wiring for your regulator/rectifier too, Cellos. It was cooked on my VFR. That was the only real problem I ever had with that bike, as rough as it looked.

Test rode the FZ-09. Great bike. I feel its a better option than the ducati monster.

Test rode the FZ-09. Great bike. I feel its a better option than the ducati monster.

They fix the funky throttle on those then?

They fix the funky throttle on those then?

Throttle didnt seem "Funky" to me. As you can see in the video it rode very nice. I rode the FJ09 and got that on video to. IMO, the FJ09 is a better bike, even though the engine is the same.

Oddly, that chase made me really want a Renault 5 Turbo, the BMW never really got me going.

Oddly, that chase made me really want a Renault 5 Turbo, the BMW never really got me going.

It's not a BMW. It's supposed to be a Yamaha XJ650 Turbo Seca and it kind of appears to be one for a few frames - but for most of the time it's on camera it's a dressed up Yamaha XT550. The XT550s have turned up a couple times over the years.

This was not uncommon in the era when motorcycles were called upon to do stunts - a dirtbike would get street bodywork.

Last edited:
Whatever it was, it didn't do it for me. I still want the Renault.

Top case was too small for my package.

ukcLbxr.jpg

This one is parked a few streets from where i live.

460jOoX.jpg

zgOZu4M.jpg

Here is the footage from my 2016 Super Tenere Test Ride. The bike is amazing, and I am seriously considering one.