The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
I still stop, sigh and dream whenever I (rarely) see one on the street.
Same here. They’re a rare sight around here too.

I’m lucky to have a friend who has a bunch of really nice bikes (luckier than I get to ride them too).

I have my heart set on a red Brutale 910S for my next bike purchase. The F4s are gorgeous, but a Brutale is half the price and not quite as uncomfortable.

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
Agreed. MVs still make my heart pitter patter (even more than Bimotas).

Though, in the same Italian vein, I did see several mint 999s on the local classifieds today for really good prices. I always felt those were underappreciated.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
You just want to even the score since I technically have one more bike than you until the ST1300 gets sold!

can I ride your 999?

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Same here. They’re a rare sight around here too.

I’m lucky to have a friend who has a bunch of really nice bikes (luckier than I get to ride them too).

I have my heart set on a red Brutale 910S for my next bike purchase. The F4s are gorgeous, but a Brutale is half the price and not quite as uncomfortable.
YES
I love the looks of the F4, but I know a Brutale would be more livable (not to mention potentially more fun).
I'll also admit the name BRUTALE sounds so cool. :D

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
I rode the new Multistrada to the DMV to get a new title (they have to inspect the VIN) - in the process I discovered that the horn doesn't work. I think I might look for a louder horn, maybe one of those compact airhorns. I think that it would be fairly easy to mount once I remove the evap canister - I think that would be an ideal spot for a loud-ass horn.

altoid

I donated for the custom title. Suck it.
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 XSR700, 2016 FJ-09
OK, serious question: what do I do about my tire situation?

I have a brand new Dunlop Q3+ on the front (about 2k miles) and my stock rear needs replacing. Since I'm a tourer who doesn't want to fear rain, I want to get Michelin Road 5s, but the new front makes for a conundrum.

Options:
• 1. Keep the Q3+ front, get a new R5 rear.
• 2. Keep the Q3+ front, get a new R5 set, hold onto the new R5 front as a spare.
• 3. Get a new R5 set, install both, keep the Q3+ as a spare.

I'm leaning toward option 3, but thoughts are welcome.

Kiki

Registered Bone Marrow
DONOR
Car(s)
'13 Ford Taurus, '11 Ducati M696, '15 Yamaha R3
#3.

I used to run mismatched sets - it wasn't really worth it. I mean, I could ride, but I couldn't enjoy any of the performance from either tire.

Funnily enough, I have a spare new Q3+ rear for the R3, and here's me thinking, I wonder if I can squeeze 120-70/17s on it. 😂