The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Oh yes and..

I'VE GOT A MOTORBIKE! :D

As i said. I've decided it would be best to get a bit of practice in before getting something ridiculously fast. A Yammy YBR125

yamaha_YBR125.jpg

Pretty damn happy right now :D

Looks great! Welcome to the wonderful world of Yamaha. :thumbsup:

Yeah I didn't think it would be a good cold weather jacket from the looks of it. Do you think it is alright for the 40-50 degree temps we get in the mornings around here sometimes?
I just got back from riding around and it's 57 degrees here. I was very comfortable with just the jacket and a t shirt under it. You should be fine in cooler weather with a sweatshirt under it.

Looks great! Welcome to the wonderful world of Yamaha. :thumbsup:

I just got back from riding around and it's 57 degrees here. I was very comfortable with just the jacket and a t shirt under it. You should be fine in cooler weather with a sweatshirt under it.

Cool I think I am going to order it today. I figure I can pick up all my gear over the next month or so then pick up a bike after my refi is done.

Congrats on the bike jon that looks like a good learner model.

I posted a funny picture that was NSFW. I gave a warning and put it in a spoiler tag.. but that didn't stop me from getting an infraction. <_<

In this crazy world we live in, it seems any amount of violence is OK but God forbid you post a nipple!

I was neg repped for it, though. Does that count?

It's been an exciting day for me with two firsts. I finally conquered my uneasiness about riding in the rain and went out in the stuff today. It's not so bad and was actually pretty fun. It started raining pretty hard which kind of went above and beyond my plan of riding in some gentle showers but it was a good experience. Most of the people in cars were looking at me like I was crazy (and they were probably right :p). Best of all I kept the rubber on the road at all times.

The bike also left me stranded for the first time. Luckily it happened as I was leaving a friend's house so I wasn't stuck on the side of the road. I think it was a weak battery or maybe a clogged carb. Hopefully nothing a charge and a little quick start won't fix.

I've been riding around on my new bike all day and it's so great. I'm going out again now :D

Just gonna try and get used to the thing.

Glad you're having fun with it. You'll know you're really into motorcycling when that feeling never goes away.

Yay for me because I was able to get my bike started and back home! :banana: It fired right up with a fully charged battery, no starting fluid needed. As a bonus I saw a BMW 8 Series on the ride home. First time I've ever seen one.

Me on my new bike..

n620095081_2996737_2866.jpg

There was the option of the injection model, but I opted for carbed for that very reason!

It's funny how you talk about powah on a 125.. :p But as long as you enjoy the bike!!

It's funny how you talk about powah on a 125.. :p But as long as you enjoy the bike!!

It's got 20% more power. That's the difference between 65mph and 67mph flat-out.:p

One of my bikes can do 160km/h... In first gear..

I've been searching more and I came across this. What do you guys think about this bike?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/676411902.html

Older yes, but I don't intend on relying on it to get me from a to b, thats what the civic is for.

And heres the look i want for it.
IM000935.JPG

(or something similar)

Reminds me a bit of the current Ducati Sport Classic. I like the look, but I just don't find these bikes that comfortable.

I've been searching more and I came across this. What do you guys think about this bike?
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/676411902.html

Older yes, but I don't intend on relying on it to get me from a to b, thats what the civic is for.
Looks alright, if you're going to tear it down to the frame and restore it like the cafe you posted (which is effin' SEXAY btw :drool:) then as long as it runs it should be fine. After all, it looks pretty complete.

Check out the forum I'm on, SOHC4, for advice on these great bikes. Some amazing builds on there that put my little project to shame.

One of my bikes can do 160km/h... In first gear..

*Claps slowly* Would you like a medal? <_<

My point exactly, on a 125 i'll take all the power i can get thank you very much!

You'll be weeping like a girl when i get my Rocket III :cool: ...ahem

i DO NOT want to be a DOWNER or anything, but i was just horrified with an accident i saw yesterday, if i were to blame someone
i would blame both 1. going at a very very high rate of speed and in a village
2. not looking in your mirror twice
!!! WARNING !!! DETALIED PICTURES OF THE ACCIDENT:

410_4..JPG_600_

162_motor1%20(2).JPG_600_

471_accident%20baciu.JPG_600_

458_5..JPG_600_

Last edited:
Ugh this is.. hope that never happens to me, though I'm hardly speeding. Don't know how fast he must've been going, but downtown's not the right place for that anyway.

Just for the record: returned from my fabulous journey today alive and without having any accidents!

That looks like it was the fault of the rider. I see shit like that (really excessive speed in the wrong places) and I realize that the severity of the wreck is the result of the rider's own recklessness and not because of the inherit dangers of riding. I hope no one in the car was injured.