The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Dammit I want a motorbike to ride to uni...

I've just discovered this:

Ducati%20MHe%20900e.jpg

mh900e_12.jpg

mh900e_8.jpg

2001 Ducati MH900e. Built to commemorate Mike Hailwood's 1978 Isle of Man TT victory, they only built 2000 (of which 500 went to America) and sold them exclusively on the Internet. They sold them all in half an hour. I want one more than I want food or sex. :drool:

Edit: oh hey, there's one on eBay!

b8bf_12.JPG

bdbd_12.JPG

You'd have to fend off the hot babes with a pitchfork when riding it.

Last edited:
When that beauty came out, I was already a Ducati fan and I drooled copiously...

I'll surely get negative rep for saying this but here goes anyway... I personally wouldn't want to be seen on that thing.

Agreed.. It's the bike version of factory rice..

Thank god, I was worried I'd be the only one who finds it rather... :yucky:

Add me to the list of naysayers.

Also, Hailwood's family sued Ducati for using his name without proper consultation, right?
I would too, if my name was on a bike that ugly!

Although, at least it's different - and that makes it interesting.

Taste is a very personal thing...

^ Oh definitely, I certainly don't mean to sound like I'm putting anyone down for liking what they like. To each their own I say.

Hell there are people out there who thought the 999 was a hideous thing, yet it's a work of art to me.

It's just the fairing etc that I don't like, it's an awkward mix of retro and modern. Everything under the plastic is beautiful, but really, does that rear wheel belong on a retro style bike? I want to love it but I just can't.

I made a second test vid, and did some editing, tried adding some annotations in youtube. Realised that part of the crappiness comes from the sun reflecting off the chrome bezel around the guages. Will have to cover it with some tape or something. Also tried covering the cameras mic but the sound was still horrible so I got rid of it and added some (mellow) music. Next time I'll try the proper video camera and maybe look into an external mic (depending on the quality I get from the built in).

Yes, it's boring - I'm still just messing around, trying to learn how to edit with iMovie etc

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1cxf9j2ZpM[/YOUTUBE]

So, after the most pressing issues on the Beemer were taken care of (restriction and new tires), there are still some little issues here and there.

The worst problem right now is that the little spring that pulls up the pedal for the rear brake seems to be a bit worn, so it sometimes doesn't pull it up completely and the contact for the brakelight remains engaged - not good.
http://img29.imageshack.**/img29/2244/springbxh.th.jpg

Another thing is the front left indicator stalk, which is broken and held together by some duct tape.
http://img14.imageshack.**/img14/2310/indil.th.jpg

I'll see that I pay the BMW dealer a visit asap and see if he can hook me up with replacement parts, but I was wondering if any of you got an idea how/where else to identify those parts and get them?

Any CBR600RR owners out there? I'm looking at a 2004 example ("500 miles", theft recovery, aftermarket Movistar fairings) to complement the 748 and was wondering what to look for maintenance or wear-wise on the bike.

Alright, I sold that monster of a GSXR1000. I felt that I should probably take a step down in an attempt to hold onto my license, which I kinda need, as I now live in the boondocks and hate driving my Civic every day. Anyways, picked up this:

img46e5bf21609c7.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I sold that monster of a GSXR1000. I felt that I should probably take a step down in an attempt to hold onto my license, which I kinda need, as I now live in the boondocks and hate driving my Civic every day. Anyways, picked up this:

img46e5bf21609c7.jpg

Very nice. '06? '07?

klutch is back! :mouse:

Huzzah, the anal spelunking adventures didn't yet kill him!