The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Pah, a better seat would correct that. Besides, I have photographic proof you both thoroughly enjoyed even that short stint around the parking lot. :D

Pah, a better seat would correct that. Besides, I have photographic proof you both thoroughly enjoyed even that short stint around the parking lot. :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah :p

You enjoy riding on the back of the 919? Just remember, it's not gay if you're holding on for dear life!

You enjoy riding on the back of the 919? Just remember, it's not gay if you're holding on for dear life!

Shhh!! I've paid off many reporters to keep this out of the public eye!

Oh, yes, I enjoyed holding on for dear life. First and second gear "not even full power" pulls would testify to that. :mrgreen:

Yeah, and we put him on the 919 solo (on the centerstand and with the ignition off, of course) to demonstrate the ergonomics and how standards are different from sportbikes are different from dual sports, etc., etc.

Hey, what's wrong with tripoding a bike? :D

I'd still like to shave the stock seat on the SV though - it was made to sit well in the showroom floor, but man, who the fuck thought that seat would be good for longer rides.

Well, I just got done watching a pretty sweet video about riding the Trans-Labrador Highway. The Trans-Labrador Highway, or TLH, is basically a freight road going through Newfoundland and Labrador. It is made up primarily of gravel, goes through the middle of nowhere, has crazy weather conditions, and has hardly any rest stops/ fuel stations.

So some peopl decided to ride it, and make a film about said ride. It's not as edge-of-your-seat entertaining as the stuff that Ewen and Charlie do, but it's still good fun to watch. So if you're the ADV type and have an hour to kill I highly recommend watching this.

That one's been up since before I bought my own 919. There's probably something wrong with it, and I'm not talking about the color.

Also, PowerCommander'd 919s sometimes have problems with cold starts - no certain cause or fix.

It makes it look like a Kawasaki, but I wouldn?t really care. :lol:

That one's been up since before I bought my own 919. There's probably something wrong with it, and I'm not talking about the color.

Also, PowerCommander'd 919s sometimes have problems with cold starts - no certain cause or fix.

Yeah, not good. Especially considering that during the late fall/early winter I ride in temps as low as the teens.

So, in the first two days of ownership, I increased the mileage of my three-year-old bike by about ten percent.
That's a good start... :D

Ebay seller sent wrong sprocket, so 919 is down until at least Tuesday when all of the bike shops open back up.

Possibly Monday at the earliest, but yes, most likely Tuesday.

This never happens with shaft drive.

So some of you may remember the punk that ran the motorcyclist off the road a few weeks ago. Well, his hearing was supposed to be today. However the punk's lawyer filed a motion of continuance. His hearing has been re-scheduled for June 14th. This is significant because that is during Laconia Bike week. I guess the shitstain's lawyer thought that most bikers would be over there during that time, and won't bother to show up to protest the hearing.

I However, predict that quite a few bikers will be making the trek from Laconia to Salem to protest the little bastards hearing. :evil: