The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

GB4oYx9.gif

I dropped by a local indy motorcycle shop just as they'd pushed in the customer bikes.

First, this slightly modified CB750.

Now, compare the size to a modern 600-class Supersport:

Looks pretty tiny compared to the R6.

CB750 <3
Yeah, every time I see one in person it strikes me how tiny they look. They look really wide, on the other hand.

CB750 <3
Yeah, every time I see one in person it strikes me how tiny they look. They look really wide, on the other hand.

Most of the width is in the handlebars and to a lesser degree the engine - the cooling fins, the way the tank is styled and the protruding alternator and points cover on opposite sides of the crankshaft make it look wider than it is.

This is a cafe-converted one, but that's a 7" headlight on it. You can do the estimation on the size.
04931.jpg

Most of the width is in the handlebars and to a lesser degree the engine - the cooling fins, the way the tank is styled and the protruding alternator and points cover on opposite sides of the crankshaft make it look wider than it is.

This is a cafe-converted one, but that's a 7" headlight on it. You can do the estimation on the size.
04931.jpg

Yeah, I know.
I meant to say the engine looks wide, because the frame, etc are smaller than a modern counterpart I guess, also the lack of fairing.

I can't deny I am eager to go to a dealer and place my fat ass on a Street Twin.

My bike once again became harder to shift. A couple weeks ago I told myself to look into it during the weekend.

Bad idea.

On the way home I realized the clutch wasn't exactly doing its job. Joy of joys, the cable is frayed. I nursed it home ignoring the horns and the bicyclists passing me.

New cable time! Again...

My bike once again became harder to shift. A couple weeks ago I told myself to look into it during the weekend.

Bad idea.

On the way home I realized the clutch wasn't exactly doing its job. Joy of joys, the cable is frayed. I nursed it home ignoring the horns and the bicyclists passing me.

New cable time! Again...

1:
8_18.jpg

2: Did you lubricate the cable prior to installation or while it was installed?

It was installed as I didn't understand the insanity of the clutch setup at the time.

For reference:
http://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-clutch-cable-r-r-help.13998/

I'll be installing it myself this time. I have a can of Du Pont Teflon lubricant, so I'll go at it when the cable arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked my Honda's setup better, the clutch was at the front of the engine/transmission casing. Opposed to the Guzzi with the two separate.

LOL. It takes less than ten minutes to change the clutch cable on the 919 and it usually lasts several dozen thousand miles.

LOL, both my bikes have hydraulic clutches. I just change the fluid from time to time which is a snap with a vacuum pump.

LOL, both my bikes have hydraulic clutches. I just change the fluid from time to time which is a snap with a vacuum pump.

Yeah, yeah, working on converting the 919 to hydro clutch and the 700 always was.

I recently took a trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco with my WR250X Supermoto. My and my girlfriend did some 2-Up riding over the entire city. I had my camera running the entire time and made a cool time lapse video of what it feels like to ride a motorcycle through the city. Enjoy the video!!!

Pretty damn cool, I've definitely walked past most of those places.

Though I've never considered lane-splitting with head-on traffic, even at city speeds.

And I really don't like San Francisco.

Though I've never considered lane-splitting with head-on traffic, even at city speeds.

Parking in SF is a bitch. I took the bike up with my girls trucks.... and parking for 2 nights at the Sheraton hotel was $120 for 2 nights!!!! :mad:

Because you aren't a moron. Even when I lived up there I never split down the center.