The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I already have a white V7. :shifty:

I do want to make it more scrambler-ish, however...

1. Do it.
2. Ship it over for roadtrip and ringmeet.
3. ...
4. PROFIT

How many 5th Gen VFRs does that make amongst this crowd now? :D

I think that brings the number up to four and puts the 5th gen VFR in first place for "most common motorcycle on the forum," breaking the former tie with the 919.

That's pretty impressive. It's a rare sighting these days to see a 5th gen out in the wild (at least where we are).

That's pretty impressive. It's a rare sighting these days to see a 5th gen out in the wild (at least where we are).

I have only seen a few on the road in Germany before I bought mine.

I seen a Honda Gold Wing F6B in the flesh the other day, and I must say, it looked good. Damn good.

I seen a Honda Gold Wing F6B in the flesh the other day, and I must say, it looked good. Damn good.

It's such an american motorbike, so massive! I would like an old one, just for laughs :-D

The F6B doesn't look that big.

honda-gold-wing-f6b-9w.jpg

In comparison to what? A battlecruiser?

In comparison to what? A battlecruiser?
The 2016 Honda F6B; displacing .38 long tons, with 118 shaft horsepower, top speed of 108 knots, range of 190 nautical miles ...

:lol: This is not how I should be spending my Saturday.

Oh come on, that thing is massive. It just looks smaller because it doesn't have a top case and a low fairing at the front, making it look "spordy".

Oh come on, that thing is massive. It just looks smaller because it doesn't have a top case and a low fairing at the front, making it look "spordy".
Of course. You see pics with someone riding it and you realize how big it is.

2013-Honda-GoldWing-F6B3.jpg

Last edited:
The 2016 Honda F6B; displacing .38 long tons, with 118 shaft horsepower, top speed of 108 knots, range of 190 nautical miles ...

:lol: This is not how I should be spending my Saturday.

Taking the battle cruiser thing a wee bit serious now. :lol:

Need to spread more nautical goodness...

Got you covered.

I sat on one and it is bloody massive. I'd love to take one out for a test ride (or a Goldwing) just for shits and giggles. Honda did a great job with the ST1300, which is by no means a small motorcycle and the Goldwing is their flagship. I expect it to surprise me.

Not big enough.

I'd love to take one for a ride. Seems like more sophisticated HD Road Glide.

So, I'm having trouble getting my M license in this great state of Texas again.

As you might have heard me rant about, I let my license expire. It was only after three trips to the DPS that I was able to get my driver's license back.

I took my Basic Rider's Course in New York in college. I lost my certificate ages ago. I called them up; they won't reissue certificates after two years.

I called up Total Rider in Texas. They told me that the only way to get an M license in Texas is to take a BRC course. Because DPS doesn't do motorcycle testing on their own.

The course costs $230.

Does DPS do their own motorcycle testing? Do I have to take the damned BRC again and waste my money on stuff I've known about since college? I'd love to take the Advanced course, but obviously I can't do that just to get my license back.

Could you sign up for the advanced training and have that count? At least then you are getting more advanced instruction. Even with years of riding I found the advanced MSF class to be a nice refresher and a way to put some polish on my skills.