The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Didn't Argatoga have problems getting parts for his Guzzi even when he did have a local dealer? If I had that experience, I'd be considering dumping the bike when the dealer vanished too.

Didn't Argatoga have problems getting parts for his Guzzi even when he did have a local dealer? If I had that experience, I'd be considering dumping the bike when the dealer vanished too.

Yeah. Piaggio's US warehouse is in Atlanta which makes things annoying for me. I'm also lazy and don't want to deal with routine maintenance. I've got a car for that.

Moto Guzzis are designed to be user serviced and you can order parts from AF1 Racing down in Austin, among other places, I’m sure.

The only Guzzi dealer in DFW closed last year sadly, but I don’t think it’d be cause to sell.

Hey! I'm trying to give myself an excuse for a new bike here. :p

I'd settled on an FJ-09 a little while ago, but my new job has me motocommuting through the city, which is where I do most of my riding anyway, so I'm reconsidering.

Something a bit smaller, like an XSR700/FZ-07 might be a little more suitable…

The 09 would be a good bike for commuting, I wouldn't rule it out.

The 09 would be a good bike for commuting, I wouldn't rule it out.

I wish my Ninja's bars were narrower. I can't imagine I'll like the width of the FJ's more. It's a real concern at this point.

The 10-min ride doesn't benefit from comfort as much as compactness…

Because not 100% of my riding is in town. I still want to be able to ride 20mi on the freeway to my mom's, or 150mi to San Diego, or 400mi to the Bay Area. A sensibly sized middleweight is probably the best option for now.

Go the other direction, get an MT-10 ?

31.5" wide, versus 32.1 for the MT-09, and 33.5 for the FJ09.

Or get the -09 and change the bars.

Go the other direction, get an MT-10 ?

31.5" wide, versus 32.1 for the MT-09, and 33.5 for the FJ09.

Would you like to pay for the bike and insurance? ;)

Or get the -09 and change the bars.

I'm not super wild about this for some reason. I'm leaning towards an overall smaller bike in general.

The Philippines has decided that all motorcycles need a full size rear and front license plate.

eIxsEtp.jpg

Not having the front plate is punishable by up to six years in prison.

Wow.
I see the reasoning for front plates on motorcycles, but this could have gone smoother.

This is the country where cops just murder you if they think you are an addict.

I've always supported the notion that requiring front plates on any vehicle should be a human rights violation.

^^

I can get on board with this. Still no front plate on the BRZ…

No way that picture is accurate btw, 250x200mm is WAY smaller than that photoshop on the 1299. Still not a very practical solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk