The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I still stop, sigh and dream whenever I (rarely) see one on the street.

Same here. They’re a rare sight around here too.

I’m lucky to have a friend who has a bunch of really nice bikes (luckier than I get to ride them too).

I have my heart set on a red Brutale 910S for my next bike purchase. The F4s are gorgeous, but a Brutale is half the price and not quite as uncomfortable.

Agreed. MVs still make my heart pitter patter (even more than Bimotas).

Though, in the same Italian vein, I did see several mint 999s on the local classifieds today for really good prices. I always felt those were underappreciated.

You just want to even the score since I technically have one more bike than you until the ST1300 gets sold!

can I ride your 999?

Same here. They’re a rare sight around here too.

I’m lucky to have a friend who has a bunch of really nice bikes (luckier than I get to ride them too).

I have my heart set on a red Brutale 910S for my next bike purchase. The F4s are gorgeous, but a Brutale is half the price and not quite as uncomfortable.
YES
I love the looks of the F4, but I know a Brutale would be more livable (not to mention potentially more fun).
I'll also admit the name BRUTALE sounds so cool. :D

I rode the new Multistrada to the DMV to get a new title (they have to inspect the VIN) - in the process I discovered that the horn doesn't work. I think I might look for a louder horn, maybe one of those compact airhorns. I think that it would be fairly easy to mount once I remove the evap canister - I think that would be an ideal spot for a loud-ass horn.

OK, serious question: what do I do about my tire situation?

I have a brand new Dunlop Q3+ on the front (about 2k miles) and my stock rear needs replacing. Since I'm a tourer who doesn't want to fear rain, I want to get Michelin Road 5s, but the new front makes for a conundrum.

Options:
• 1. Keep the Q3+ front, get a new R5 rear.
• 2. Keep the Q3+ front, get a new R5 set, hold onto the new R5 front as a spare.
• 3. Get a new R5 set, install both, keep the Q3+ as a spare.

I'm leaning toward option 3, but thoughts are welcome.

^ That is the correct answer.

#3.

I used to run mismatched sets - it wasn't really worth it. I mean, I could ride, but I couldn't enjoy any of the performance from either tire.

Funnily enough, I have a spare new Q3+ rear for the R3, and here's me thinking, I wonder if I can squeeze 120-70/17s on it. ?

it never should've been allowed to come back in the first place

I bought some rain gear, jacket and trousers for wearing over the regular gear yesterday. Because they were on sale, it was a special 15% discount day and I got to cash in the points from my loyalty card, the set cost me less than €50. Great success!

Now the not so nice part: I need some warmish gloves, but it seems they all have these membrane systems (GoreTex and the like), which are at odds with using heated grips. Also, I need gloves that allow me to use a smartphone display as I'm using my phone for navigation purposes (and music :D).
Does anyone have a recommendation what gloves model to look at?

I have not found any gloves for touchscreen displays. I remember seeing a liquid you could paint onto leather or cloth to make it work.

Went and had both bikes inspected today. The Tenere rego expired in december and the griso last month.

I need to ride more.